• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
Sunny day, little cloud around and the ground has firmed up nicely. I think we could see some running rugby played Saturday!

Go the City 2nds!

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
#SIRU2013 Grand Final Preview:
Well, here we are – Grand Final Day! The culmination of 19 weeks of rugby for the teams who have made it this far and the biggest day of the season. The weatherman says that it’s going to be warm and sunny at Conolly Park this weekend which should make for a great day of rugby. Congratulations to all the teams who have made it this far, I hope you all enjoy the day.

Premier Division First Grade - Albury v Waratahs @ 3:45pm Conolly Park #1. Ref: P Dean
CLICK HERE for preview. Thanks to Gagger for the front page preview this week!

Premier Division Second Grade – Wagga City v Waratahs @ 11:30am Conolly Park #1. Ref: M Del Gigante
Wagga City have been the standout second grade team of 2013 and are a handy team at this level of the competition. Waratahs are back contesting the Grand Final again this season but are a vastly different outfit from last year.
City will be looking to the likes of Eloni Raisele to show some flair in this encounter and will need to be wary of Waratahs attack play later in the game. While City are arguably the more complete team from 1-15, Waratahs are a much younger and more enthusiastic outfit who will throw everything they have at City.
This match is the traditional local derby and should be a highlight of the day.
Keep an eye on: Orisi Loco and Dave Bowden

First Division First Grade – Ag College v Temora @ 1:10pm Conolly Park #1. Ref: S Donelan
OK, so Aggies haven’t had the season they wanted to, this is their chance to show the competition what they are made of. Temora deserve to be playing in this game and have probably been unlucky not to be playing Premier Division rugby this season.
The Ag College forward pack know how to operate the set piece and will focus on this area of the game in an attempt to gain the upper hand against a Temora pack that probably prefer to stay mobile.
Experienced Temora 5/8 Bill McCrone will be a key player in this game and Coach Apenisa Tudulu will be sweating on him recovering from a few knocks last weekend. McCrone’s ability to ignite his backline and allow the likes of Casey Jordan and Zac Tuevu to inject themselves is a key feature of the Tuskers game plan.
Ag College will be looking to the experience of Dave Armstrong and breakaway-come-centre James Whiteley to lead them around the paddock on Saturday. Aggies have a younger side than we have seen in recent years and will play to this strength throughout the game.
Keep an eye on: Ben Leaper and Campbell Maxwell

First Division Second Grade – Albury v Deniliquin @ 12:00pm Conolly Park #2. Ref: C Jackson
I haven’t seen much of these teams this season other than two weekends ago and both teams put in solid performances. Albury have got plenty of experience in their ranks for this game with the likes of Louie Levett, Dan Hogg, Tom Rowan all playing in their First Grade side in last year’s Grand Final.
Without having seen too much of the Deniliquin boys, if they can put in a performance like they did in week one of the finals series, this game will be an impressive hit out.
Keep an eye on: Scott Hannaford and Zac Tamati

Third Grade – Hay v Junee @ 10:30am Conolly Park #2. Ref: M Ryan
Clearly the two standout teams in the Third Grade Competition, this will be a tough gig for both teams. Hay tend to play more of a forward dominated play with fast recycle being the order of the day whilst Junee will play more “off the cuff” and take their chances when it suits them.
The younger Hay team may have the extra fuel in the tank, but a 3 hour drive to get to the ground is an early start for them and may also be a contributing factor in this match. I would expect that Junee will look to their experienced heads when it matters.
Keep an eye on: Chris Molineaux and Greg Condon
Under 17’s – Leeton v Waratahs @ 10:00am Conolly Park #1. Ref: T Reneker
Waratahs and Leeton are the two form sides of the Under 17’s competition with not much separating these two handy little teams this season. A quick look back over the stats tells me that 6 points has been the biggest margin between these guys this year. Leeton appear to have the more complete team across the park which may play a role in the outcome.
Keep an eye on: Angus Allen and Jasper Grant

Women’s – Griffith v Leeton @ 3:00pm Conolly Park #1. Ref: J Martel
This is a fitting end to the season for these two very impressive teams, Griffith come into this game undefeated and Leeton have only suffered the one loss this season – to Griffith. Both teams possess some great ball handling and tackling skills and will be out to show the boys how it’s done in their Grand Final.
Keep an eye on: Lele Katoa and Remi Wilton

Attachments

• SIRU GF Team Lists.pdf
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,862

socks out

Frank Row (1)
Thanks yourmatesam, have been providing us with good recaps and previews all season. i haven't said much as the season has progressed however have had followed your write ups intently. Cheers mate

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
#SIRU2013 Grand Final Results:
All in all a great day of rugby, plenty of tries scored and some close finishes across the board.

Picks of the day would arguably be the Under 17's game with Leeton scoring on the bell to secure the win, Leeton also did well in the Women's 7's game to get up over the undefeated Griffith team.

Congratulations to all the winners today and commiserations to the losing teams, it really was a great day of footy today.

Premier Division
First Grade:
Albury 41 bt Waratahs 7
MoM: Liam Krautz

Second Grade:
Waratahs 27 bt City 24
MoM: Joe Luff

First Division
First Grade:
Temora 33 bt Ag College 30
MoM: Campbell Maxwell

Second Grade:
Albury 37 bt Deniliquin 7
MoM: Louie Levett

Third Grade:
Junee 18 bt Hay 10
MoM: Dan Moloney

Under 17's:
Leeton 19 bt Waratahs 15
MoM: Angus Allen

Women's:
Leeton 27 bt Griffith 10
MoM: Tinai Baravilala
THE 2013 BILL CASTLE MEDAL WINNERS & RUNNER'S UP FOR THE BEST PLAYERS IN THEIR RESPECTIVE DIVISIONS DURING THE SEASON

PREMIER DIVISION;

Winner- Richard Manion - ( ALBURY )

Runner Up- Pat Hunter - ( CSU )

1ST DIVISION;

Winner- Bill McCrone - ( TEMORA )

Runner Up- Casey Jordan - ( TEMORA )

HIGHEST POINTSCORER'S & TRY SCORERS IN THEIR RESPECTIVE DIVISIONS DURING THE SEASON

PREMIER DIVISION;

Highest Pointscorer - James Olds- ( ALBURY )

Highest Try Scorer - Brett Wendt - ( CSU )

1ST DIVISION;

Highest Pointscorer - Casey Jordan - ( TEMORA )

Highest Try Scorer - Aisake Tuevu - ( TEMORA )

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Great day for the Steamers, not their best game of the year - but who cares. Thanks for the write ups all year yourmatesam. Been a long weekend and it didnt look like slowing down last night

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
That's all done and dusted! Congratulations to Albury on a comprehensive display on Saturday. Tahs tried but were never truly in that game at any stage. Kudos all the same on getting there!
Can Albury defend it? I'd say they'll lose quite a few players out of that squad but a solid core will play on. Can the other sides step up? I think so. Reddies will believe they should have been there and that drives a team hard, City will want to make amends and I think Aggies wont allow that to happen again. Be interesting to see how Temora holds together in the summer months. I think they potentially see themselves as a genuine top 6 side - and 9 wins in a row gives that a bit of credence as well!

More importantly what the hell am I going to do 2 nights a week and all Saturday!!??

Almost 2 old

Chris McKivat (8)
The answer is simple. Just have a few days off...then...start training again. You are never too old to have some sort of involvement as a player or official. Keep going fellas. The game wouldn't be the same without "tragics" like us regardless of our colours or type of participation. Good banter lads.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
The answer is simple. Just have a few days off.then.start training again. You are never too old to have some sort of involvement as a player or official. Keep going fellas. The game wouldn't be the same without "tragics" like us regardless of our colours or type of participation. Good banter lads.

We've been at it since January 17th - I need a rest!

Does anyone have any mail on the Wagga Rugby Sevens??

jb23

Allen Oxlade (6)
Brums Provincial team will go into camp at the A.I.S on sat October 26th & play On sunday October 27th again Aus Services, most likely at Viking Park, Canberra.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Brums Provincial team will go into camp at the A.I.S on sat October 26th & play On sunday October 27th again Aus Services, most likely at Viking Park, Canberra.

Thanks for that mate! Keen to see them play!

Who thinks if Australia formed a Professional Comp that Southern Inland should be included into this?

jb23

Allen Oxlade (6)
I was at the Shute Shield final on Saturday, supporting Uni & watched 3 out of 4 grades.
Southern Inlands BEST teams would be super competitive with 3rd Grade & stick with 2nd Grade untill 1/2 time these guys play at another level and train at anohter level.
Granted that there are people in Siru who have played 1st Grade shute shield and on an individual basis can play at the level but across the team, this would not be sustainable especially toward the backend of the yr when teams bring back super rugby players.

About time we closed the book on this one.

#Up the Students!

Status
Not open for further replies.