• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb23

Allen Oxlade (6)
@No.8, I watched Eddie Lagaali play for Royals at the Queanbeyan 7's on the weekend so I'd say he's a sure thing to not be at city this yr.
To his credit he created a ripper of try in the final from about 70m out.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
@No.8, I watched Eddie Lagaali play for Royals at the Queanbeyan 7's on the weekend so I'd say he's a sure thing to not be at city this yr.
To his credit he created a ripper of try in the final from about 70m out.

Are you saying that Eddie Lagaali passed the ball?

nipnipnip

Frank Nicholson (4)
I spoke to Dave in September last year and it was always going to be hang up the boots or play for the Tahs, he wasn't happy with the culture that Ag showed last year. Turtle and he are pretty close mates so that was a big drawcard. Not sure how new the Whitely news is a mate at Aggies said that's the news from pre season. Big Jock Munro is a definate for the Tahs and they will be a force to be reckoned with this season!

jb23

Allen Oxlade (6)
@yourmatesam No he didn't pass it.
It did however consist of a massive haymaker dummy, a 360 spin around, another dummy and swerve and finished with a grubber which the winger collected and dashed 40m to score.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
If the whisper about the Aggie boys heading to the Waratahs is on the money, then the 'tahs are putting themselves out there as early season favourites

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/2084528/waratahs-add-weight-to-squad/?cs=149

Sandy Middleton could easily pass for Jack Meagher in that photo.

It would have been great for the Bulls if Sandy had decided to play for Tumut instead of Waratahs, he would arguably have more to offer the guys from Tumut. Understandable that he would like to play footy with guys that he already knows though.

And less travel if he's farming at Tumba-bloody-rumba.

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/2094011/just-live-with-aru-charges/?cs=149

I'm not sure if we should be shouldering the burden for the ARU's lack of foresight but if its what has to be done it has to be done.

I had a few ideas:
1. Perhaps the ARU could look at other revenue options ? BBQ chooks or perhaps meat trays at a Lane Cove hotel may attract some extra dollars to the coffers.
2. Can the country clubs levey Bill $200 each when the time comes?
3. Drop the 3rd tier again. It saved money last time right ?
4. Stop helping junior comps with merchandise. After all kids wont associate with the National team will they ? Wanna be a Wallaby? Nah kids are never impressionable at a young age!
5. Pay over rated players less? Gosh that would get the outside backs aghast!

Almost 2 old

Chris McKivat (8)
My involvement with rugby started in 1977 and so far as I am aware of ,other than the early 2000's ,the ARU has struggled for funding. They have never been friendly to grass roots. Since Rugby has gone down the path of professionalism their funding has been stretched to the limits and they have always relied on the diehard rugby nutters to stick the hand in the pocket at every given occasion. I am by no means supporting the current ARU management structure as I believe that their system is too top heavy but until there is a fair dinkum review of the ARU in what the wage/salaries are compared to output & growth I suppose they will wring every cent that they can out of us diehard nutters. My only hope is that this money is going towards 3rd tier and junior rugby.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Wow what a joke - it is only $200 - yes - but that $200 could be the nail in the coffin/the difference between a team fielding a team or not - I understand the ARU are in deep shit - but they cant find another way? Maybe look at the overpaid managers/directors/players at the top level in the ARU which from all accounts are doing very little to grow Aussie Rugby - I do take my hat off to them in regards to the 3rd tier comp but come on guys!

If you cut this grass roots footy's feet off it will kill the structure of rugby within Australia and even having a 3rd tier comp wont work.

Do they expect players just to go - 1st XV > (NEW) 3rd tier > Super Rugby > Wallabies?

If this is the case the grass roots guys will either stop playing or maybe even move to league.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
This could be a radical idea, how about the Wallabies give half their match payments to community Clubs. They get $10K per game. If they gave $2.5K to 2 different Clubs (which could be tax deductable) after each game that's at least 30 Clubs benefiting every match. Assuming 3 European tour matches plus the 9 currently scheduled internationals that would be:

12 x 30 = 360 RugbyClubs receiving $2.5K. With most club making no payments whatsever to anybody that money would go a long way to helping rugby across Australia.

Yes they've taken a "paycut" of $14K to $10K for match payments but this donation could be tax deductable so they actually don't lose anything.

Or should the players be considered such hard working individuals over the mums and dad's holding down a full time job (almost all on less than the players earn through regular salary), looking after their families AND running rugby clubs so there are players in the future.

OR....they forfeit their entire match payment when they lose. That way either community Club's get a massive cash injection or the game receives a great morale shot from a winning Wallabies team. After the last couple of years half the Junior Clubs could turn professional:p

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
I'm disappointed that this step is necessary.

We played more tests than any other country last year. More than we should be yet we are still in a right mess. Why ? How did we come to this ?

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I'm disappointed that this step is necessary.

We played more tests than any other country last year. More than we should be yet we are still in a right mess. Why ? How did we come to this ?

Because we had no real plan moving into the Profressional era like other countries did - we simply relied on "natural talent" which after awhile gets overtaken by countries with better development systems - combine that with a lack luster exective managment team running the show the last decade++, very poor advertising/marketing and connection to junior and grass roots rugby from the top end and this is where we are at.

jb23

Allen Oxlade (6)
In other news and more positive rugby releated.

Our Siru women's side performed outstanding again, this time at kiama on Saturday.
Coming away with 1 win, 1 loss and 1 draw (scored 1st and counted as a win).
Stay tuned on the Siru web for a full report.
Things looking good for standard and expansion of Siru women's

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
In other news and more positive rugby releated.

Our Siru women's side performed outstanding again, this time at kiama on Saturday.
Coming away with 1 win, 1 loss and 1 draw (scored 1st and counted as a win).
Stay tuned on the Siru web for a full report.
Things looking good for standard and expansion of Siru women's
Great news, where to next?

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
mmm okay, not sure he was at the 10's. Griffith had good numbers there, but didnt seem threatening - but good numbers are half the battle in SIRU (and travelling at that)

Status
Not open for further replies.