• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
it will be interesting to see who the new coaches are next year at Albury , Griffith and CSU next year with Mick Raynes, Aled Francis & paul Spain respectively all moving on.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
For those punters here in Wagga, get down to the Wagga Civic Centre tomorrow afternoon and welcome home our first Olympic Gold Medalist!

A great role model for female athletes and a boon for rugby union in general and definitely for this area of the world!

I'll be there for this one!

Olympic homecoming
The City of Wagga Wagga will celebrate Olympic Gold medallist Alicia Quirk’s success at a special homecoming celebration on Thursday.
Alicia was a member of the Women’s Rugby 7s that took home the inaugural gold medal for Australia at the Rio Olympics.
The entire community is invited along to the Civic Centre to get a photo and autograph with our local Olympic champion.
Community event
What: Homecoming celebration for Alicia Quirk
Where: Wagga Wagga Civic Centre
When: 5pm, Thursday 25 August

Independent

Herbert Moran (7)
it will be interesting to see who the new coaches are next year at Albury , Griffith and CSU next year with Mick Raynes, Aled Francis & paul Spain respectively all moving on.

From what you hear around the traps and read between the lines, it seems each of the three mentioned above jumped before they could be pushed...

Let the silly season begin...

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
http://www.cootamundraherald.com.au/story/4086596/tricolours-begin-finals-march/?cs=582

Looks like Temora & Coota are taking all before them in the Ceentral West Grain Fed Competition this year.?
Temora head to Blayney (Fairly long trip) on sat and the Tri-Colours host the Wyalong Weavils - What Odds a Temora v Coota Grand Final ?

Looks like the Fairy Tale Grand Final between Temora & Coota didn't happen
Coota beat Temora last Saturday in a Preliminary Final and will now travel To Blayney ? to try and win the Grand Final this Saturday.
It would be interesting to hear if the move to C/West has improved their standard of Rugby and attracted more players
The SIRU Home and Away Comp worked a treat this year so I don't see any changes to the SIRU structure next year

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Hey Sam I see you get a mention in the DA today

"Karma will come to you Sam" - Do u need a Counsellor ?

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/4138297/honeyman-cautioned-as-hobbs-outed/?cs=149

Sounds like real sour grapes from the Wagga City coach & the Club
I hope Honeyman isn't trying to follow in the footsteps of the current Wallabies coach for always blaming the Referees after a loss.

Sounds like SIRU did the right thing and brought him to account over his comments

Waratahs v City in their first match next year should be INTERESTING !!

Independent

Herbert Moran (7)
Hey Sam I see you get a mention in the DA today

"Karma will come to you Sam" - Do u need a Counsellor ?

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/4138297/honeyman-cautioned-as-hobbs-outed/?cs=149

Sounds like real sour grapes from the Wagga City coach & the Club
I hope Honeyman isn't trying to follow in the footsteps of the current Wallabies coach for always blaming the Referees after a loss.

Sounds like SIRU did the right thing and brought him to account over his comments

Waratahs v City in their first match next year should be INTERESTING !!

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Hobbs the Tahs player who mouthed off at a Griffith player a couple of years back? Seem to remember he was given a little touch up for his troubles.... Seems to be a pattern of unsportsmanlike behaviour from him.
I saying that, Honeyman, Facebook isn't the place to vent your frustrations. Real men front up; man to man.

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
Can't recall Hobbs being involved but do remember that there was a bit of bad blood between Griffith & 'Tahs for a while
Hey Will M can you give us an update on who is staying and who is leaving from Waratahs this year
The Rumour mill has Angus Lievre going to Canberra and the likes of Armstrong, Corcoran, Hobbs & Munro all retiring
City looking good bets for next year already with Aggies expected to be not far behind them

Status
Not open for further replies.