• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It will be interesting to see if they stay loyal to their local players (mainly 2nd Graders) who won the Reserve Grade Premiership this year or go on the hunt for Imports which they have done regularly
None of the players listed as leaving City came thru their local ranks- e.g Power, Stanton & Tuivale to name a few
There are some very intersting names being thrown up as 1st Grade Coach for next year
Maybe the Committee and the Coaching Staff need a Big Broom to come in and shake the Club up a bit

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
Latest News in the DA reports that the Hay Cutters may be moving to the 1 Grade Central West Comp next season.
One of the reasons Coota gave for leaving SIRU 2 years ago was that they weren't prepared to travel to Hay anymore !!
Hay's inclusion in the C/west Comp definitely increases the overall Travel in that Competition and reduces the travel considerably for most of the SIRU Clubs
the Cutters have been off the pace for a couple of years now with the Club struggling for players and committment - would their possible departure be a big loss to SIRU ??

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/5058411/hay-could-be-moving-to-central-west/?cs=149

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
How far do those poor bastards from Hay have to travel in the CW comp next year? Why stop at the Central West comp? They should have a crack at the North Coast or Illawarra comps and make a few weekends of it.

Almost 2 old

Chris McKivat (8)
Was in Bendigo for Aust 7's championships on Saturday &Sunday just gone. Watched all the ACT women's and nearly all the ACT men's games. Got to see a few local girls and an ex local girl run around with the ACT women's who came a commendable 4th and the local fellas in the ACT men's who ended up coming a credible 5th. Also saw a couple of other local lads with 1 in the Lloydies team and 1 in the Defence team running around. All up a good event and well worth the drive.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Good to see Claudia Obst (CSU Reddies) competing at the Aussie 7s Championships last Weekend at Bendigo
She won the Alicia Quirk Medal this year for the B&F in the SIRU Womens 7s Competition
The Referees were spot on with their votes obviously
I heard Dylan Pietsch played with the Lloyd McDermott (Indigenous) Team in Bendigo

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
Good to see Claudia Obst (CSU Reddies) competing at the Aussie 7s Championships last Weekend at Bendigo
She won the Alicia Quirk Medal this year for the B&F in the SIRU Womens 7s Competition
The Referees were spot on with their votes obviously
I heard Dylan Pietsch played with the Lloyd McDermott (Indigenous) Team in Bendigo

Matt McTaggart was also there playing for the Defence Force team, along with Simon Vunilagi and Emori Vueti from Leeton in the Brumbies men's team and joining Claudia in the Women's Brumbies was Cessy Smith and Ua Ravu from Leeton also... Not a bad representation from our zone at the national titles...

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I'll bet City won't be happy with this after all the Dramas getting him back to Union at the end of this Season
he is a bit of a Headline Grabber and is only doing it for the $$$
City starting to look like cellar dwellers for 2018 Season - The wheels look to have really fallen off the Wagon with a mass exodus of players leaving the player ranks from 2017
It looks like a big Job for the new Coaching Staff at City in 2018.
I don't think they'll have to worry about trying to get JC back for the Finals in 2018

Jock Mason

Bob McCowan (2)
Are you trolling the Tigers Facebook page Jock? Bring back the Adelong Batlow Bears.

Haha, no mate....one of our boys is an ex tiger and he stuck it on our chat page. I did play a few games for the mighty Adelong Batlow Bears back in the day (late 90’s) though.....back when I was young enough to play two or three games in a weekend. Now the thought of ONE starts making me sore! Hahaha...

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
you'll have to ask City when they will want ANOTHER Exemption

I heard a couple of their players are looking at playing Soccer with Tolland and AFL with Marrar next year as well

I agree with WH - City won't have to worry about seeking exemptions for players the Finals next Year - They are Gooooone !!

Status
Not open for further replies.