• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springboks EOYT

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Spies/Smith/Kankowski in the 8,7 & 6 positions.

That back row was not good enough in Brisbane.
What''s changed.

If they play that back row, I give up.
Wrong its even weaker, Schalkie jol in Brisbane ipo Juan. Now we have three bal carriers and no fetcher flankers. Stegman have to start.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Iere

Kearney
Bowe
BOD
Darcy
Fitz
Sexton
Reddan

Healy
Best
Buckley
DOC
MOD
Fez
Wallace
Heaslip

Cronin
Court
Ryan
Leamy
Stringer
ROG
Wallace/Trimble

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
They include two ODriscalls? Dammit, luckily Ds Trimble not in to take the grunt out of Bakkies this time.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Jeez that Ireland team looks mighty good. I think this one will be veeeeery tight.

It's an utterly shit scrummaging (and throwing) 1 and 2. Kearney is on stink form at the moment, and Reddan is just plain slow. Ferris has been very military medium this season, too. There are a lot of guys being tested to see what's going to happen against NZ; and there will be no excuses for them if they don't perform.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
As expected of the healthy ones. Wallace (the David one) ahead of Cronin was one of the few question marks but he's a bruising player and more suited to the Boks. Cronin may get a start against the Blacks. I thought Stringer may have been an outside chance to start as he has been playing good rugby for Munster since TOL has been hurt and he certainly made flyhalf ROG look good the weekend before last with his quick delivery. But ROG wasn't picked to start and Sexton was. Sexton is going to be around a long time for Ireland.

T78 is right about the 1 not being a good scrummager. Healy would have been lucky to make the Wallaby team in our winter. That bad. He's an ex-backrow, so is handy around the park though.

Aussie Tom Court has slowly moved through the ranks in the last couple of years. He can play on both sides better now than when he was at home and may have a permanent bench spot.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Lee - DK is looking for changes. Don't ask me why, I just smell it. That's why Reddan and Sexton are there together; it's the combination, with their own 8 and 12, so they have no excuses. One, or both, is being looked at to be cut.

BTW, Wallace is playing ahead of O'Brien. Cronin's a hooker. And far, far, far better than best. Like a new version of a certain baldy Limerick hooker (Cronin's one of ours, too). Best is being given as much rope as he need, too. And, I suspect, Ferris and Healy, too.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Cronin? Yeah mis-type at 2 in the morning. A new version of Woody though? That's strong talk.

Reddan and Sexton makes sense but I thought there was a chance for Stringer and ROG. Having said that, Sexton is the future.

You don't rate Ferris? More strong talk.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Cronin has been a prospect and is now delivering. Had a wobbly first game against the ABs, courtesy of Heaslip being a twat of note, but looking superb. Good on the fundamentals of the job, and paaaaaaace.

I am a fan of Ferris, but he's not playing great stuff, even in a mediocre Ulster team. Meanwhile, Leamy is on fire. If Ferris doesn't deliver, Leamy will take his place back, on form.

And while Sexton is the future, that does not mean he's the present. He was drek against Connacht, and has a nasty trend of choking in tests. If he doesn't deliver, with ROG on the form he's on, again, the crook is quite likely to come out.

M

macg101

Reckon Kidney has just gone for his tried and trusted internationals at this stage Thomond? Only game i've seen Sexton choke is against Scotland, mind you its easy to forget his poor kicking last season, seems a different story this season. Looking forward to it now! Wouldn't argue too much with selection, there was arguments either way.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Anyone know what time this game will be on? I am without Foxtel at the moment so will have to watchit via a steam. Hoping for a good game with Ireland coming out on top (I'm a dual Aus/Irish citizen).

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Lampie/Morne exchange in the 10/12 roles.

Franscois/Lampie/Habana/Morne/Jean/Aplon/Kirchner

Hmm. Seems reasonable. Lots of toe. Morne's defense should be okay. He played a lot of 12 for the Brutes when Hougaard was still in town.

I hope you're right Oompie.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Anyone know what time this game will be on? I am without Foxtel at the moment so will have to watchit via a steam. Hoping for a good game with Ireland coming out on top (I'm a dual Aus/Irish citizen).

4:30am Sunday EST according to Fuxtel "website"

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Franscois/Lampie/Habana/Morne/Jean/Aplon/Kirchner

Hmm. Seems reasonable. Lots of toe. Morne's defense should be okay. He played a lot of 12 for the Brutes when Hougaard was still in town.

I hope you're right Oompie.
I'll have Muskiet in 15 and Basson on the wing. The back three of Muskiet, Habana and Basson will be full of poison if Jean/Lampie/Morne can put them into space. The fatties just have to do the hard work and dominate up front , so we dont have to defend much. Also understand they want to pick a Spies/Juan/Kankow combo, so two of them will be in the backline anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.