• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springboks v All Blacks, Johannesburg, Oct 5th 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Any other game and Beast would have gone to the bin. Owens was very nimble in managing his way through that one.

Beasts tackle was managed well. It didn't have enough arms in it but it wasn't so bad a shoulder charge as to warrant a card.

Owens had a pretty decent game I thought.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
What a terrific game of footy that was. I just got finished watching a replay and it was an absolute pleasure. Hard competitive stuff mixed with great running play. You really can't ask for much more than that. Best game I've seen in 12 months, easily.

M

Muttonbird

Beasts tackle was managed well. It didn't have enough arms in it but it wasn't so bad a shoulder charge as to warrant a card.

Owens had a pretty decent game I thought.

Shoulder charge to the head not bad enough? Ok, then. Not an accident either as McCaw was stationary.

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
Shoulder charge to the head not bad enough? Ok, then. Not an accident either as McCaw was stationary.

WTF are you on about? From what i recall and I'm about to get to it again he hit richie with his hands in more of a shove if anything

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Crikey, I watched the game last night with the British Sky Sports Commentary, was terrific. Just watched a highlights package with Justin Marshall yelling non stop. Possibly the most annoying voice in rugby?

He's like a maniac when he gets going. I think he forgets how words are formed sometimes, or how to breathe. He's almost as excitable as Shiggins ;)

M

Muttonbird

WTF are you on about? From what i recall and I'm about to get to it again he hit richie with his hands in more of a shove if anything

Found it yet? 31mins on Franklind's video, in case you are having trouble.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Crikey, I watched the game last night with the British Sky Sports Commentary, was terrific. Just watched a highlights package with Justin Marshall yelling non stop. Possibly the most annoying voice in rugby?

He's like a maniac when he gets going. I think he forgets how words are formed sometimes, or how to breathe. He's almost as excitable as Shiggins ;)
If find Nisbo top be much worse. He is just plain smug at times and can whinge like a 2 year old.

At least Marshal gets excited.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Just re-watching while getting ready to go out and this is soooo far off the mark it's unbelievable. In the space of about 3 mins I've heard Marshall compliment and commend de Villiers, Habana and the Springbok team as a whole. And I don't even like Justin Marshall.

I really think your hatred for the All Blacks is really spilling over into anything remotely connected to them.
It's only Shiggings. Don't take it seriously. She probably forgot to change her underwear again.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
England or France could. If they send a B team to Japan then Japan could.
Next year, if Meyer keeps it up, the Boks could well beat them twice. Whoever tours can come close (See Ireland test 2 last year).

So I say 1 year at most.
Mebbe us nxt year but no way the Pom or Frog teams that played the 6N last year. No way.

Their B Team would beat most Nations right now. Write down a best XV from the bench plus 7 others and you'll see what I mean.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
Greatest of all time is always a very subjective assessment, but this game will go down in history as one of the classic matches of Rugby.

Glad I stayed up to watch it live. Two heavyweight contenders going head to head, punch for punch, cliche for cliche for all 15 rounds. Nothing left in the tank when the referee blew no game.

Congratulations to Meyer, and Hansen and their teams for this demonstration of how the game should be played.

The best game I've seen in many years, not just this year. Just a pleasure watching professional rugby like that. The ref was great, take a bow Mr. Owens.

Congratulations to the All Blacks and staff, very very well played.

Oh, and @Muttonbird you are a first class whinger. Best game in years and all you can do is whinge, you must be a real pleasure to hang around :rolleyes:

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I disagree. I didn't say that he puts down the opposite team. He just only gets up for the all blacks. No emotion while the bokke had he ball.

No. What you said was that he kept quiet when the Springboks had the ball And only spoke when the ABs did something. Which was blatantly false. It is so far wrong that it's laughable

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
No. What you said was that he kept quiet when the Springboks had the ball And only spoke when the ABs did something. Which was blatantly false. It is so far wrong that it's laughable
That's exactly what I just said. Can u read? Read my post I said exactly what u just said I didn't say.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)

Spot on. Annoying tool

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
Found it yet? 31mins on Franklind's video, in case you are having trouble.

You must've watched it with the NZ commentary cos Nisbo sounded like a proper drama queen over a non incident. If McCaw had done the same to the beast would you you be saying the same? I highly doubt it

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Nigel Owens was extremely good, and for me he's now the best international ref going. However, to bin Ben Franks for a pretty soft (but still illegal and stupid) swinging arm and to not give the same yellow card treatment to the beast for a high shoulder to the head of a man without the ball and not engaged in a ruck (i.e. a cheap shot on McCaw, surprise surprise) was a mistake.

Other than that, he was tremendous and the way he manages players rather than just penalising them is something other referees should try to adopt.

Also, South Africa need to play like that every test match. They were incredible. Even Morne Steyn was getting physical and taking some risks - pigs might fly!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I thought Owens had a great game with the whistle. I also agree about the Boks playing a "freer" style. It suits them. There's no need for them to be one dimensional bash and barge when they can attack with the width and depth that they did last night. De Villiers in particular had one of his best ever games in a Bok jersey for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.