• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springboks v All Blacks, Johannesburg, Oct 5th 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez you know it a big one coming up, son in Italy has made sure I be at home while game on so we can skype and discuss game at half and fulltime!!
I praying there no injuries to our locks as much as I like Luatua, I don't want to see him at lock against these big buggers!!

M

Muttonbird

There's a lot of hype around the difficulties of playing at Ellis Pork. Keven Mealamu has touched on the strange Jo'burg custom of smashing their fists on the side of the bus and hurling abuse at visiting players when they arrive at the ground and are forced to run the gauntlet. Keven is the only survivor from the 2004 match so the only one who has witnessed it first hand.

Could be a surprise for a lot of the All Black players.

Apparently there is little respect for the All Blacks from a lot of these "fans". Makes booing the kicker at Eden Park look a little tame.

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
This was from the First test back in 1970 at Loftus in Pretoria. If Bismark did that I reckon he would have been put in jail.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
There's a lot of hype around the difficulties of playing at Ellis Pork. Keven Mealamu has touched on the strange Jo'burg custom of smashing their fists on the side of the bus and hurling abuse at visiting players when they arrive at the ground and are forced to run the gauntlet. Keven is the only survivor from the 2004 match so the only one who has witnessed it first hand.

Could be a surprise for a lot of the All Black players.

Apparently there is little respect for the All Blacks from a lot of these "fans". Makes booing the kicker at Eden Park look a little tame.

I can't work out if you are serious or rather a pisstake of the stereotypical precious kiwi.

M

Muttonbird

I can't work out if you are serious or rather a pisstake of the stereotypical precious kiwi.

I'm serious of course, and I'm pointing to those who paint NZ fans as arrogant and out of control with the Quade-hate and the booing of the kicker by highlighting the much more aggressive nature of the Jo'burg crowd. If that makes me a precious Kiwi then so be it, but everyone else is just as precious.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I'm serious of course, and I'm pointing to those who paint NZ fans as arrogant and out of control with the Quade-hate and the booing of the kicker by highlighting the much more aggressive nature of the Jo'burg crowd. If that makes me a precious Kiwi then so be it, but everyone else is just as precious.
Hopefull will the Ellispark crowd appreciate a good hard tackle more then the Auckland lot. They played a big role in the cards Battleship got.

M

Muttonbird

Hopefull will the Ellispark crowd appreciate a good hard tackle more then the Auckland lot. They played a big role in the cards Battleship got.
Yeah, maybe they did PB but it's always the ref's decision in the end. Owens is probably a tougher and more experienced ref than Poite in that regard. Still, because of the South African public's Facebook campaign and the South African media's conspiracy campaign over the last two weeks even he will find it difficult to card anyone but Nonu tomorrow.

Reckon the Ellis crowd will be giving it to the ABs and the ref all day, no matter what!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Yeah, maybe they did PB but it's always the ref's decision in the end. Owens is probably a tougher and more experienced ref than Poite in that regard. Still, because of the South African public's Facebook campaign and the South African media's conspiracy campaign over the last two weeks even he will find it difficult to card anyone but Nonu tomorrow.

Reckon the Ellis crowd will be giving it to the ABs and the ref all day, no matter what!
Ellispark crowd isnt close to Newlands when it come to booing exct. Altho we are a passionate rugby lot, there will always be a healthy amount of respect when it come to the All Blacks and rugby. Pretty sure it will stuck in the back of their minds. We dont have much poofball and rugby league influence in SA.

M

Muttonbird

Abso
Its all part of home ground advantage. Just like what the AB's get when they play in NZ.
Absolutely. Hasn't stopped people trying to modify NZ crowds' behaviour recently though, has it?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

Until the calls start going against you blokes....

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
AbsoAbsolutely. Hasn't stopped people trying to modify NZ crowds' behaviour recently though, has it?

Whatever. Not sure what to make of that statement but you blokes are on top of the pedestal and we all want to knock you off.

Hence the booing and sneering is louder and with a little more venom than you will find with the mongrels that frequent Auckland rugby games. You have your fair share.

Chiefton

Herbert Moran (7)
Haven't been this pumped for a test in a while.

I'm hoping like heck the fans around and in Ellis Park give it to the AB's all day and it's 15 on 15 for the entirety of the game (even if that means a 50/50 yellow isn't shown - This is after all a different ball game and in my opinion should be treated like one by the Refs) so we can settle a few tired talking points and raise a few more fresh ones.

I feel if the All Blacks were to lose on Saturday and retain the Championship that it would be quite tainted as this is essentially one of only 3 major hurdles (SA @ Eden, SA @ Ellis & ENG @ Twickenham) they need to jump together as a team and this scenario has been touted for a while so they should be ready.

All Blacks by 3 for mine in a match that will have around a third of the 80 of actual playing time.

M

Muttonbird

Whatever. Not sure what to make of that statement but you blokes are on top of the pedestal and we all want to knock you off.

Hence the booing and sneering is louder and with a little more venom than you will find with the mongrels that frequent Auckland rugby games. You have your fair share.

That's fine Blue. Whatever the crowd wants to do for their team (short of a van Zyl pitch invasion and Argentinian laser strikes) should be allowed, with no bitching about it afterwards.

T

TooEasyWobbles

As an AB fan I really wish people would stop booing Quade. It's a bit much now.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Mutton your comparisons between somewhat aggressive passion for the game and boorish sportsmanship is glaringly misguided.

Having attended as many test matches at Ellis park and Eden park you certainly can tell the difference.
Generalisation sure but still a observation that is fairly obvious.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
My tip fwiw. ABs by 8. Will be a fantastic contest, only matched by the passion of the respective fans on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.