• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springboks v Wallabies, Loftus Versfeld, Sun 9th Jul 1.05am AEST

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Re: Hooper. I'm a fan and generally think he's often been maligned by some at times, but I agree. He was looking refreshed when he came back from Japan, but he really hasn't looked the same for awhile, especially after withdrawing from the Wallabies tour of Argentina. That said, I think you'll still find if you watch the Wallabies when defending, he was often working hard to plug some holes, helped shore up that line. I'm not sure of his tackle count, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was well up there for the team.
I was actually curious to answer my own observations as to who was putting in the work in defense after my comments about Hooper.

Tackles made;
Slipper - 13
Valetini - 11
M. Hooper & Ikitau - 10

So will he might not be the engergiser bunny of old, M. Hooper still puts in the work off the ball. Crucially, generally has good defensive alignment when other players seem to get fractured. But no, he's not the Michael Hooper of old.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Not knocking the pass down keeps the ball in play.
And the knocking the pass down most of the time is a desperation move to stop a certain try. I am still not certain that a YC necessary, but a penalty in front (so a 10 point try) - maybe (or just make the penalty try 10 points)

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
In hindsight Eddie probably should have brought Arnold on instead of Samu when Hooper went off. Frost could have gone to 6 and then at least we would have had more than 1 lineout jumper for the rest of the game

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I'm late to the party but thankfully didn't stay up to watch the game live.

How bad was it? Proper career killer for Eddie? Are we wanting Rennie back?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I'm late to the party but thankfully didn't stay up to watch the game live.

How bad was it? Proper career killer for Eddie? Are we wanting Rennie back?
BR has written him off but everyone else is pretty philosophical about it.

Reactions: Tex

dru

Tim Horan (67)
In hindsight Eddie probably should have brought Arnold on instead of Samu when Hooper went off. Frost could have gone to 6 and then at least we would have had more than 1 lineout jumper for the rest of the game

I like the thinking, but as it turns out it would have had nil impact. Uelese had 3 line outs, he was penalised for not straight on two, we won the remaining throw with Samu jumping.