• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springboks v Wallabies, Newlands, September 28 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Who are these mysterious number 8s who are missing out on being developed because of Palu?

Is there someone whose name rhymes with Fainga'a?

;)

I just can't wait for the upcoming Bman v Zander showdown these comments are going to spark.........

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Why wouldn't Slipper play at THP? He's played there primarily for the Reds and for the Wallabies, IIRC.

Because he will be Robbo's backup, or vice versa, at LHP. There are no other options in the squad (unless Anae can be used there - one helluva gamble imo)

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Because he will be Robbo's backup, or vice versa, at LHP. There are no other options in the squad (unless Anae can be used there - one helluva gamble imo)

Good point. Which makes it rather weird that Sio was dropped. Surely they should have taken Robinson, Sio as LHP, Slipper, Kepu, Alexander as THP.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Maybe we'll see Kepu or Alexander switch to loose head?

Both have played there plenty. It wouldn't really make any less sense than moving Slipper to LHP or Simmons to TH lock.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Anae has been playing tight head for BoP but I'm not sure how well he's been going

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Likely we won't know until the 15 is released. There are a fair few permutations possible.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Connollys comment about Link being anti queensland is a bit off mark..

For me, McKenzie doesn't give a shit where a player comes from, the school he went to, the Sydney Club or Franchise he played for.

He just seems to pick those players HE wants irrespective of the above criteria, based on effort, performance and blah blah blah.

Shit the bloke came from Victora played for NSW and coached both QLD (and NSW).

Bloke's a gypsy

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Yep, and it makes more sense when repeated with banjos playing in the background ;)

Looking at your avator, and your remarking on banjos in the background, I suggest it might be time to proceed to another forum e.g. Pixie World:eek:

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
I'm pretty dubious about the logic of not bringing Gill. We all saw what a good pilfering 7 could do to the saffers at the world cup semi. And we all saw what happened when we didn't have one. That said, Gill is no Pocock.

I just hope Mackenzie doesn't head too far up this "fight fire with fire" road.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
If players came before rules, we would have had Giteau on the EOYT last year. They should kick JOC (James O'Connor) and bring in Crawford (if able) or Betham.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Does Bieber Boy get as many final warnings for behaviour as Sir Richie GOAT gets for his interpretation of the gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.