• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springboks v Wallabies - Sunday 2 October 1am AEST - Loftus Versfeld

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I'd like to believe history will be made Mr Jarse, but despite the Bokke looking like unpolished turds at the moment I'm just too wary of injured pride.

Picking Kickbot at 10 is what makes me think they'll win it. It'll be ugly, but they'll get the job done.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
What more does he demonstrably bring? I hear a lot about potential, but so far, I don't see the game that shouts "I am the one".

He may not be "the one" but he is big, fast and very strong and looks suited to test rugby like his brother. Saying he has hands like feet or that he "is not a test 8" is a little premature. Neither were David Pocock or Sean McMahon and the jury is still out on both of them at 8. Hopefully Timani gets his chance to show what he can do.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tossing up whether to have a nana nap or punch on through.

For the punch on through squad, Good to see NRC game is being replayed on Fox (Sports 5), although probably because the have already sunk their costs earlier today, so they don't need need to buy any overseas product if they reply an NRTC game.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
He may not be "the one" but he is big, fast and very strong and looks suited to test rugby like his brother. Saying he has hands like feet or that he "is not a test 8" is a little premature. Neither were David Pocock or Sean McMahon and the jury is still out on both of them at 8. Hopefully Timani gets his chance to show what he can do.

It's not a binary thing. Saying Timani is unproven doesn't mean Pocock or McMahon is the answer. Saying he "is" a test 8 is premature. Maybe he will be. Not seen it in him so far. Love it if he can make that case.

Dalai Ninja

Ward Prentice (10)

Timani's hands have greatly improved since his Waratah days. Now he's actually quite good at passing the ball in and out of contact. I think where he falls short is that he hasn't learned how to make use of his momentum with the ball in hand, rather like Will Skelton hasn't. Timani hits hard at close range, and gains the respect of his teammates, much like Cliff Palu does, but he hasn't learned to swat defenders off and drive through contact like the best 8s do. A prime example of that was David Lyons, who had that as his only skill. Lyons was a big fatty, and as lazy as morphine, but boy could he rip through a defence with the ball in his hand. When Timani can do that, he'll be pretty good I reckon. He's got the frame for it.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Timani's hands have greatly improved since his Waratah days. Now he's actually quite good at passing the ball in and out of contact. I think where he falls short is that he hasn't learned how to make use of his momentum with the ball in hand, rather like Will Skelton hasn't. Timani hits hard at close range, and gains the respect of his teammates, much like Cliff Palu does, but he hasn't learned to swat defenders off and drive through contact like the best 8s do. A prime example of that was David Lyons, who had that as his only skill. Lyons was a big fatty, and as lazy as morphine, but boy could he rip through a defence with the ball in his hand. When Timani can do that, he'll be pretty good I reckon. He's got the frame for it.

If. Big units have got to want to smash into contact with no fear and power through it. Too many in recent times in Oz rugby fall like a sack of spuds at the hit. Timani with McMahon's aggro would be awesome. Show it, and I'll be convinced.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Anyway, we will not be seeing him today, maybe next week. Glad to see Fardy back in the mix and this back row looks pretty well balanced.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Holy shit. Are you meat heads on daylight savings now. Meaning the game starts at 1025 perth time.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
So if it starts at 2 does that mean I miss.an hour of the game. Bloody daylight savings ;)

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.