• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springboks v Wallabies - Sunday 2 October 1am AEST - Loftus Versfeld

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
So essentially Latu is for TPN, they've added a halfback (Frisby), and Mitchell and Pocock haven't been replaced for this trip. Makes sense I guess, at least for the first leg, they can call in reinforcements for London if there are injuries in the Springboks game.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Boks have called up Lambie & Le Roux:

Willem Alberts, Damian de Allende, Lood de Jager, Juan de Jongh, , Faf de Klerk, Pieter-Steph du Toit, Eben Etzebeth, Johan Goosen, Bryan Habana, Francois Hougaard, Elton Jantjies, Steven Kitshoff, Vincent Koch, Jaco Kriel, Jesse Kriel, Patrick Lambie, Willie le Roux, Francois Louw, Lionel Mapoe, Malcolm Marx, Bongi Mbonambi, Oupa Mohoje, Franco Mostert, Tendai Mtawarira, Lwazi Mvovo, Trevor Nyakane, Rudy Paige, Julian Redelinghuys, Morne Steyn, Adriaan Strauss, Warren Whiteley.

They're also expecting de Jager & Redelinghuys to be fit.

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/springbok-recall-lambie-le-roux-back/

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Bokke by 50 coming up.

Looking forward to this game. Boks gradually sorting out their selections and game plan. And playing on the high veldt. Wobbles grudaully recovering from over training and a late changing game plan. And doing that quite well, well in the last two games anyway.

This SHOULD be a seriously fascinating test.

Crack on Wallabies!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
According to my research, Australia have never won in Pretoria (happy to be corrected).

Our last win at altitude 2010 at Bloemfontein.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Referee​
official_80_photo.jpg
Wayne Barnes (England)

Assistant 1​
official_83_photo.jpg
Johnny Lacey (Ireland)

Assistant 2​
official_85_photo.jpg
George Clancy (Ireland)

TMO​
whistle.png
Jim Yuille (Scotland)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
A couple of interesting inclusions in the squad. Can see Timani getting a bit more time playing on tour, and Naivalu and Latu are both possible to get a run too, but I believe all of them will come off the bench if at all.

So against SA, Moore to start with one of Hanson or Latu on the bench, McMahon to start with Timani on the bench, and Folau, DHP and Hodge to start at the back with one of Naivalu, Morahan or Speight on the bench. Otherwise, Fardy might get to start for Mumm but the remainder will be as per last week's side.

Might be mixed up a bit for the return Argies' game.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Dont know what Latu has done this season that sets him ahead of Ready. I thought he had an average season this year. Maybe basing it on last years form or looking for a more like-for-like replacement for Taf?

One of Polota-Nau's understudies at the Waratahs, Tolu Latu, was called up in his place, beating in-form Reds hooker Andrew Ready for the spot. Cheika said he had spoken to Ready about what he wanted the young Queenslander to improve on, and had been impressed by Latu's form in the NRC.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...ad-trip-to-africa-london-20160922-grlw2j.html

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Now that Pocock is out most would probably install McMahon. We all know his attributes but he is still not a big bopper.

The decision (thankfully) has been taken out of Cheika's hands in the continued retention of the Pooper.

We have a big bloke - Timani. I reckon he should get the starting 8 spot for the next couple of games, leaving Sean riding the pine and being cover. If Timani can handle it and well then problem solved.

I agree, McMahon for the last 20 was fantastic the other week. That is the sort of guy you want coming off the bench - IMPACT.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
I agree, McMahon for the last 20 was fantastic the other week. That is the sort of guy you want coming off the bench - IMPACT.

No, he should be given the chance to have an impact in the first 60 with Timani coming on in the last 20 after he has run himself to death. IMO it's cruel to leave a player benched because his 'impact' is so useful late in the game. Taf being the best example. Great impact in the last 20-30 and now stuck behind an inferior player because of it and the captaincy i suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.