• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springboks v Wallabies - Sunday 2 October 1am AEST - Loftus Versfeld

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
On the topic of kicking for touch, does anyone know if Hodge has had experience playing and kicking on the high veldt? Will he know to take some distance off kicks for fear of putting the pill over the dead ball line?

He wasn't in the Rebels team that played the Bulls at Loftus this year. I assume that would've been his only chance.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
They have spent the week in Jo'burg so are training at altitude.

I'm sure he will have been belting the cover off the ball in his practice goal kicking, but it's the field kicking and penalties etc that I am concerned about. Perhaps we'll see how good the training is at dealing with idiosyncratic ground specific issues. Hope it is top level.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'm sure he will have been belting the cover off the ball in his practice goal kicking, but it's the field kicking and penalties etc that I am concerned about. Perhaps we'll see how good the training is at dealing with idiosyncratic ground specific issues. Hope it is top level.

Surely the coaches will be spending some time with him on this?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah pretty sure someone in the Wallabies camp will give him the heads up. It's probably written on a post it note somewhere.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Yeah pretty sure someone in the Wallabies camp will give him the heads up. It's probably written on a post it note somewhere.

Hodge is a highly intelligent and dedicated young man. I wouldn't be surprised if he spent extra time before and/or after training sorting his kicking out. I used to see him down at the park quite often when he was a teenager practising kicking and goal-kicking.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Lambie back will give the Boks more direction, but this is probably our best chance for a while to break the Pretoria losing streak.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'd be really surprised if Lambie starts at 10 in his first game in a long time. Might just replace Steyn, Joosen or de Allende on the bench.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Test will be a sold out. AC will select Steyn & Paige for this one and will play high kick and charge, with the Bulls crowd going mad.

Cooper to have a good test, Wallabies by 50.

Reactions: dru

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Hodge is a highly intelligent and dedicated young man. I wouldn't be surprised if he spent extra time before and/or after training sorting his kicking out. I used to see him down at the park quite often when he was a teenager practising kicking and goal-kicking.

Hope it wasn't at Manly Oval, he'd need a ladder constantly up against the wall at the old Fisho's to get up on the roof.
But as you said - hard work and practice, i believe it was at a single pole, and not between the sticks.

Dalai Ninja

Ward Prentice (10)

A man of his age surely will know to Google it? That's what I do when I can't find a rugby forum in an emergency.

Status
Not open for further replies.