• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springboks vs All Blacks @ Ellispark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Saffers were livid when the ref effected the result in the Wallabies match, but are more than happy to benefit.

Edit: I spoke too soon, thinking it would be a yellow.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Well done bokke. Tough hard rugby, doesn't get much better than these games ('cept when we win of course)

Barnsey, what can I say....

Regarding the last penalty, the conspiracy theorist in me would think that the saffer broadcasters deliberately put that burger incident up to draw ref's attention to it. Can we add that to the Kurtley Beale thread?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
WHAT A GAME? Classic but not quite as good as last years match, but an absolute pearler of a game none the less.

Saffers deserve their victory. Better team on the night. NZL commentators starting to blame TMO intervention.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Regarding the last penalty, the conspiracy theorist in me would think that the saffer broadcasters deliberately put that burger incident up to draw ref's attention to it. Can we add that to the Kurtley Beale thread?

Part of home advantage. Can't complain, it was a penalty and if it happened in the first 10 mins there would be no complaints.

Wrong call for the last penalty.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Schalk Burger was completely offside RUBBISH CALL

That's what McCaw did vs Waratahs

Perhaps it evens out those 2 bullshit deliberate knockdown calls. Just because you go at it with 1 hand, doesn't mean you're trying to deliberately knock it on - they can catch it like that as well.

Didn't wanna say anything during the game, as it would have looked like sour grapes had we lost.

Totally had the feel off Barnes making that up as he went as soon as it happened, at least on Matfield's.

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
Interesting strategy from the all blacks at the end there. Looked like they were just going for the penalty. Can anyone explain why the penalty went to SA?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Probably not the best thing for the Men in Gold who will have to face The Darkness in a fortnight and they will be keen to restart their unbeaten games count again.

Could get messy at Lang Park. Dead rubber, my arse.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Interesting strategy from the all blacks at the end there. Looked like they were just going for the penalty. Can anyone explain why the penalty went to SA?

Duane Vermeulen was all over the ball, that was legit but Schalk Burger entered the ruck from the side without making the tackle, it was a carbon copy of McCaw's penalty that gifted the Waratahs the title.

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
Just seems like the ruck area is such a lottery. A couple of penalties/turn overs could have been called either way thru the game.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@Dismal Pillock, That is a lot of faeces over the Messam furniture and furnishings.

Meanwhile, is the Kiwi love affair with Wayne Barnes back on again?

The decision to turn down 6 points in gift penalty kicks by Sir Ritchie GOAT may have cost them the game.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Duane Vermeulen was all over the ball, that was legit but Schalk Burger entered the ruck from the side without making the tackle, it was a carbon copy of McCaw's penalty that gifted the Waratahs the title.

Interesting, since Craig Joubert apparently admitted getting that call wrong...

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Messam oh fuck what have you done. You've shat the bed, the settee and all up and down the drapes. It'll never come out and you'll have to live with it.
Yeah but I reckon he was a big part of your boys even coming back to be in the mix to get the win. They were chasing all night,

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Despite Wayne Barnes, richey macaw and the illuminati the boks won!!!!!!! FuckING awesome. The blacks have finally been beaten and fair and square. That's how u do it. Don't let the man with the whistle Decide.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Despite Wayne Barnes, richey macaw and the illuminati the boks won!!!!!!! FuckING awesome. The blacks have finally been beaten and fair and square. That's how u do it. Don't let the man with the whistle Decide.

not-sure-if-sarcasm-or-just-honest-remark.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.