• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springboks vs All Blacks @ Ellispark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
What a fantastic match. Congrats Boks - well deserved victory.

Highlight for me was that one-eyed prat Justin Marshall declaring that the (legit) penalty at the end was "ok because it's not within kickable range."

That Pollard is a gem.

Willin1

Allen Oxlade (6)
Great game to watch even though we lost.

The bright aspect is that the AB's had done so much travelling, were playing with several top players out, (and others playing like shit), and still almost won the game.

IMO the final penalty was a 50/50 call with Burger falling into the tackle. The TMO was clearly erring towards a no penalty call before Barnes decided otherwise.

The Boks also got a way with slowing the ball a lot, and could easily have had someone binned, but all good teams tread that line.

That said, they played a terrific game and it was good to see Pollard come through and silence his doubters. What a future that kid has! Looks very much like a young Daniel Carter.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
IMO the final penalty was a 50/50 call with Burger falling into the tackle. The TMO was clearly erring towards a no penalty call before Barnes decided otherwise.

Still constitutes a no-arm tackle, had to be a penalty but the fact SB was falling at the moment of contact makes it no intent no card. Shag would appear to be of the same view:

"Asked about referee Wayne Barnes' decision to penalise Liam Messam after his shoulder made contact with Schalk Burger's head while the Boks flanker was falling - a call which saw Pat Lambie step up and kick a 55-metre penalty with 90 seconds left to win the test - Hansen made it clear he had no issues.

"I've got no problem with Barnes giving the penalty at the end," he said. "I feel a wee bit for Liam because the guy [Burger] was tackled and he fell into it. There wasn't any intention to take him high. Unfortunately that happened."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...-Blacks-coach-Steve-Hansen-gracious-in-defeat

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
another 48hrs before i see the game. 70 000 homes in auckland without power. Switches off a hour before kick off. Conspiracy theory if ever ther was one :)
Fug!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
another 48hrs before i see the game. 70 000 homes in auckland without power. Switches off a hour before kick off. Conspiracy theory if ever ther was one :)
Fug!

Before anyone rolls out the 3rd world country gags, here's why:

"Prime Minister John Key asked Aucklanders to consider "extending the hand of friendship to neighbours" after about 85,000 homes were left without power when two large fires hit Transpower's Gavin St substation in Ellerslie about 2am, one in an oil-filled underground cable."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/10581288/Blaze-blacks-out-Auckland-suburbs

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Setting fire to electrical substations? My goodness, they take a loss pretty seriously in Ellerslie, Auckland.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fire started a hour before kickoff so the perps would've had to be both psychic & psychotic which is an unusual combination, even for jafa's.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Great game to watch even though we lost.

The bright aspect is that the AB's had done so much travelling, were playing with several top players out, (and others playing like shit), and still almost won the game.

The Boks also got a way with slowing the ball a lot, and could easily have had someone binned, but all good teams tread that line.

That said, they played a terrific game and it was good to see Pollard come through and silence his doubters. What a future that kid has! Looks very much like a young Daniel Carter.
The all blacks got away with more then the boks. I wouldn't say the all blacks were missing several players either and I wouldn't be talking about the travel. boks were the better side. All blacks stayed in the game from some brilliant work from individuals. Just like us against the argies

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
Duane Vermeulen was all over the ball, that was legit but Schalk Burger entered the ruck from the side without making the tackle, it was a carbon copy of McCaw's penalty that gifted the Waratahs the title.

A carbon copy other than the fact that the wrong call was made both times....;)

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
1465352_10154623525570542_2058531552873547166_n.jpg

Yesterday, Joost van der Westhuizen led the Boks out onto the field. Which I believe gave the Boks plenty of motivation to win after he spoke to them before the game. A former Springbok great, Yoost unfortunately has motor neurone disease, but its still great to see him having the will to be involved in rugby.

I not sharing this to be a wanker, but because it honestly made my day yesterday and the fact the All Blacks lost as well, but this was more significant.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Missed all of the pre-match stuff but ^^^^^^^^^^ must've been an awesome moment. I can still vividly remember how the Bokke players & fans seemed to grow about a foot taller & a stone heavier when Mandela rocked up to the '95 WC Final in a Bokke shirt.

Tempted to call it an "only in Rugby" moment but don't want to upset @qwerty51 lol.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Hell what a test. Thanks to the All Blacks who gave it their all and performing the right haka for the occasion. Dankie Heyneke for sticking to the right gameplan and hell whatta test by my boykier Handre. Long may this continue!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
my boykier Handre.
Why oh why did they sub him, any idea? He was absolutely carving up, NZ basically had no answer
Fire started a hour before kickoff so the perps would've had to be both psychic & psychotic which is an unusual combination, even for jafa's.
Muttonbird!

No sign of him around here lately AND he is a psycho AND he lives in Ellerslie!

hutz_pointing.gif

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Why oh why did they sub him, any idea? He was absolutely carving up, NZ basically had no answer
Last week against the Wallabies Meyer did the same thing. Lambie actuall played well in both tests, I was more upset about Strauss coming on and could not find his jumpers. That cost us the momemtum.

The thing Pollard do is his physicality, attacking the gain line. He is a big boy.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Muttonbird!

No sign of him around here lately AND he is a psycho AND he lives in Ellerslie!

hutz_pointing.gif
I think he lives in the same road as I do. Well there is a greying old man with a NZ first bumper sticker with a tattered silver fern flag from the RWC flying out of his window. Pretty dam sure it is him.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
What a fantastic match. Congrats Boks - well deserved victory.

Highlight for me was that one-eyed prat Justin Marshall declaring that the (legit) penalty at the end was "ok because it's not within kickable range."

That Pollard is a gem.

He tried hard to recover that didn't he?

He then double down by declaring that it was outside Lambie's range. It would have gone through from 60.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think he lives in the same road as I do. Well there is a greying old man with a NZ first bumper sticker with a tattered silver fern flag from the RWC flying out of his window. Pretty dam sure it is him.

That's definitely him.

Be sure to give him a wide berth, he is a psychopath and is potentially dangerous

lets.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Apart from the non-burning down of the Ellerslie substation, which still has 40000 houses without power in Auckland, a quick glance over the NZ Herald on line articles seems to show a fairly restrained and non-feral reaction to the loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.