• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springboks vs Wallabies @ Newlands 27/9/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised to see Beale dropped onto one wing with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the other

We were shit house at getting out of our half, and Horne & Tomane have little in the way of a kicking game.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
speaking of potential wingers, where will Harmichael be playing for the reds? Is he going to get the typical "stick the league player on the wing" treatment?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
6 competitors for 11-15.

Depending on who's last in the pecking order of CFS, Turner, Kerevi and Tapuai, Mr. Hunt will probably play either in the centers or at fullback.

T

Train Without a Station

speaking of potential wingers, where will Harmichael be playing for the reds? Is he going to get the typical "stick the league player on the wing" treatment?

Doubtful. He almost never played there in league (never in the centres either) and lacks the flat out pace to be a finisher.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Dane Coles has gone home for a child birth (god these wives have been inconsiderate this TRC!)..Mealamu to start, Nathan Harris to the bench..big blow v the Pumas front row..

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Hunt played inside centre as a schoolboy rugby player and was there as well most of the time for Biaritz, but as others have said the media reports have him at full back for the Reds

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
@ Urich -

Ages at next year's world cup

BDP (31)
JDP (31)
Matfield (38)
Bakkies (36)
Burger (32)
FDP (33)
Jacques Fourie (32)
Beast (30)
JDV (34)
Habana (32)
Pienaar (31)
JPP (29)
Steyn (31)
Vermeulen (29)
Louw (30)
Alberts (31)
Strauss (29)
Van der Merwe (30)

T

Train Without a Station

Surely not all of those will play though.

I'd imagine it will be either Piennarr or FDP for example and Hougaard.

Also Matfield, Botha and Van Der Merwe won't all play. Etzebeth will take one spot.

Much the same with Burger and Louw. Only will will likely play.

Has Fourie been used in the last year? Is he injured?

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeh I agree a bunch of those guys maybe wont make the squad, which makes me wonder why Meyer is currently selecting guys like Botha and Burger. Does he plan on selecting those guys in his squad next year?

Fourie I agree seems to be out of the picture atm.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Poor bastard may have to start at THP.

Seriously it will be at fullback. Simple Reason: We don't have a good one !!!

i shall be surprised if KHunt is not a starter at RWC. he will probably displace the worst player currently starting in 10, 12, 13 or 15. the bloke has the skills and football brain to star at any of those.

T

Train Without a Station

Yeh I agree a bunch of those guys maybe wont make the squad, which makes me wonder why Meyer is currently selecting guys like Botha and Burger. Does he plan on selecting those guys in his squad next year?

Fourie I agree seems to be out of the picture atm.

Remember Burger is an injury replacement. Isn't Kyolisi (spelled wrong) injured too? In addition Alberts is out.

T

Train Without a Station

He's talking about the Reds.

We don't even have a shit one in fact. They're all gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.