• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SR2023 R3 - Rebels vs Waratahs Friday 10 March @ 7.35pm

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
I haven’t really ever rated Stacy Ili but he has been outstanding this season and was again tonight. I think he’s been the Rebels’ best so far this year.
Reg, I think our best three players in the first 3 games have been Hardwick, Ili and Gordon.

Ili has improved out of sight. Some of the runs he has made this year with his steps. I didn't realise he could do that.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reg, I think our best three players in the first 3 games have been Hardwick, Ili and Gordon.

Ili has improved out of sight. Some of the runs he has made this year with his steps. I didn't realise he could do that.

Yep agree with those three. Just think the change in Ili’s game has been so defining. The key though, as you say, has been multiple players playing very well.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
I haven’t really ever rated Stacy Ili but he has been outstanding this season and was again tonight. I think he’s been the Rebels’ best so far this year.
He has really good feet in attack, and is often Jonny on the spot to support a break but his defence is a bit soft IMHO.

Cannot see him being a international 12. Would get hammered by the big boys at that level

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
As a complete neutral, I reaĺy enjoyed game, and the underdog winning makes it better. To all our Rebel supporters on here, you can be very proud of the performance, and I hope sets up weekend for you all. Your boys went well last weekend, and carried that momentum tjis week.
Enjoy fellas!
Agree. Good game to watch - from my couch at least.

Agree with Reg Ili superb. Gordon rightly getting plenty of praise but I thought it was Ili that sparked a lot of the key attack. I thought the whole Rebels backline were sharp.

Rebels need to play for 80 minutes. If they do that they’ll be a test for most teams.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Fuck yeah, what a ripper game. Don't know if I could've taken a 0/3 start to the season, hopefully Mr. Foote sleeps a bit better. As others have said, Dickie Hardwick has been immense along with Gordon (I hope Eddie is watching this game right now whilst he's in France). Ili's step looks so slow that it can't fool anyone but he always makes half a break.

Rebels looked great in attack but it was their kicking that won it. Anderson, Hodge & Gordon are such a tidy set of kickers, punished the 'Tahs.

Also, fuck me Gibbon has been beat up, played the entire game.

Hooper quite ineffective. Hoping Gamble steps up.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Really has been outstanding the last 2 games and barely getting a mention. Second most run meters for the Rebels tonight

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Congrats to Reb’s, deserved win. Tahs played terribly!

What’s with the person operating the clock not keeping time properly. Ref calls time off and clock keeps going for more than 20 seconds. Siren went early - made absolutely no difference to this match, but certainly could do one day.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Surprised Waratahs' on ballers didn't get many pilfers. Waratahs were close to the line so many times only for Hardwick & Mafi to steal it, or Uelese & Pone later on.

Waratahs big budget players didn't deliver. Swinton got outplayed by no name Kemeny. Jed by Canham & Hosea.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Seriously how the fuck have Rugby Australia pursued this shit
Having a great time in Melbourne.

Rugby can fuck off though.
Fucking shocking. No one here. No atmosphere. Nothing.

Why do they even exist?
Tahs not doing too good. Have to say though - this has been the worst rugby viewing experience of my life.
Fuck me thought the scg feels empty. Legit played fourth div subbies in front of more people. Drunk tho.
Gotta be at most a thousand people here.
Eaaaat a massive dick.

Glad you enjoyed the game, the Rebels certainly did!

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Ili, Hodge, Wilkin and Hardwick were great for the Rebels. No real stand outs for the Tahs with flat periods costing them big time.

There’s a lot of talk (on here) about Gordon but he does as much shit as he does good. Once he can cut that out he’ll be a chance of a Wallaby spot. He is improving which is good to see.

25 or so penalties is still absurd. Especially with the League on now.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Ili, Hodge, Wilkin and Hardwick were great for the Rebels. No real stand outs for the Tahs with flat periods costing them big time.

There’s a lot of talk (on here) about Gordon but he does as much shit as he does good. Once he can cut that out he’ll be a chance of a Wallaby spot. He is improving which is good to see.

25 or so penalties is still absurd. Especially with the League on now.
Gordon still has plenty of development to do - which is to be expected from a 10 his age.

But he has been far better in the first couple of rounds the either Edmed or Donaldson. Jones doesn’t have any well established young 10s to select (Lolesio would be closest) so he’s definitely a Wallaby chance.