• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SRAU RD 1 Western Force vs Brumbies, Perth Friday 19 Feb

Wallaby Way

Herbert Moran (7)
Force side looks fantastic, lots of depth to finish the game. My only prediction is that it will likely take them the majority of super AU to gel. As a Brumbies fan though I'd rather be facing the Rebels first up :)

Very unfortunate for Reece Tapine not to be given a run given the injuries. He looked promising in the trial last week. His time will come...

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Yep, Tapine looked the goods. But Fines also had an excellent game when he moved to the wing.

The Brumbies squad is again one of the strongest, but it does look a bit weak in the outside backs with both Wright and Kata missing. Great to see both Samu and Simone making it over their injuries. Will strengthen the side in both defence and attack. Really looking forward to seeing Ikitau go head to head with TK. The Master and Apprentice.

Force will be hard to toss this year, but Brumbies to win by 8 to 12.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Well this thread is very civil and respectful.

I wonder how long it will last...

I reckon Brumbies by 8. Force camped on the Brumbies line at 80 minutes only to be denied a consolation bonus point.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
Interesting people saying the Force might take time to gel.

There are a few new faces but the balance of that side played last year.

5 out of 8 in the starting pack were there last year.
5 out of 7 in the backs were there last year.

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
Seems I’m going hard against the grain here but I’m tipping the Brumbies to seriously underperform against expectations this year…. starting with a solid win by the Force
Starting props are world class, though Fainga'a is no world-beater at hooker and his test caps are more a reflection of poor depth in Oz. Sio seems to be seriously in decline and other FR back up is fairly average.
Locks – Swain/Neville and Frost are serviceable but not championship winning quality. These guys don’t scare anyone. They do give a solid lineout but once again not world beaters.
Samu is quality but Cusack and Brown won’t be causing other teams much problem. Valetini also hasn’t kicked on like we all had hoped.
Definitely a solid pack but not going to terrify anyone. Reds a much stronger all round unit in my eyes. Force looking great with the Argie injection also look a tougher proposition. Tahs and Rebs present better back rows.
White and Lolesio are quality but the rest of the starting backs this week are a real worry in my eyes. Missing their 3 best o/s backs in Wright/Kata injured and Kuridrani gone there is a real lack of punch out wide. Muirhead/Banks and Hansen along with Simone and Ikitau are all outclassed by their opponents in the Force… The force also have a much stronger bench IMO.
Anyway, could end up with egg on my face but if it turns out as I expect there will be a few shocked Fans and analysts come Saturday morning…..

footy1>31

Ted Thorn (20)
I'm keen for a huge TK game and year. As exciting as Paisami & Jordie are having TK playing his best footy would be great for the wallabies and the competiton.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Seems I’m going hard against the grain here but…..

giphy.gif

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Godwin a late withdrawal with an ankle injury.
Kahui the likely replacement in the starting XV.
Maybe Taefu onto the bench.