• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Stormers v Brumbies Qualifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Also, with To'omua's fitness an ongoing concern I'd rather see Coleman on the bench to cover 12/wing/fullback............

Latts1992

Herbert Moran (7)
Pretty ordinary officiating by both pyper and the TMO, what makes it even worse is people know in advance that it's going to happen. South African rugby in general just stinks...

Weird. I thought they boh had near perfect games. Maybe Peyper allowed both teams to push the off side line a little but didnt damage the game much. The TMO's call to disallow Tomane's 4th was outstanding.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Good win Brumbies. Tomane upping his Wallabies chances big time. But what's the go with TK? Haven't watched a whole lotta Brumbies games but is he out of form or what?

His attack hasn't been like his 2014 form but he was very good in defence tonight. Good to see Moore have a good game. Maybe TK's big one will be next week vs Conrad.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
To'omua and Kuridrani have not been 100% since their injuries...........

Both were rushed back ahead of schedule too.

They'll need to be carefully managed leading into the RWC.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Pretty Harsh on Joe scored 3 and set up the last with a big fend..
Stormers scrum was mostly ineffective. Lineout - and rolling maul - was for the most part nullified by Brumbies lineout defence. Provided the platform for the backs to wreak havoc.

Tomane, and the Brumbies backrow the standouts.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Tahs supporters should be angry. They lost a great opportunity to face these weak Stormers for an easy ticket to the final

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
TK has been good not bad.. people are marking up on him, but he hits the line so hard it hurts me watching..

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Look up the Waratahs record vs the Highlanders in Sydney vs the Stormer. Stormers have a game to hurt us, the Highlanders don't. I don't think their pack will handle ours. Only lost early in the season to them as we couldn't catch a ball.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Highlanders going great guns atm. That match should be a ripper. Tahs have a pretty good record against them historically I think. Could go either way.

Brumbies on the other hand need a miracle.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
When's the last time the Brumbies lost to the Canes? I've been saying all the year the Canes are beatable and they'll crack during the finals. Too reliant on turnovers and counter-attack.

I reckon you'll get a big price if you're a betting man. Brumbies will be about $5 to win that game I'd say.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It depends which Brumbies side shows up.............

The past two weeks highlight how much of a difference Nic White makes when he's at the top of his game and cuts out the negative stuff............

G

galumay

Stormers will be disappointed with that game, i guess its the risk of resting so many last round, they looked really disjointed and out of sorts. Lineouts probably cost them the game. Brumbies were allowed to run rampant and it probably flattered them a bit. Huge ask against the Canes next week, I cant see them being good enough to win, but hopefully they wear them out a bit for us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.