• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Stormers vs Brumbies r6 @ Newlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Match of the round.

Referee: Glen Jackson (New Zealand)

Assistant referees: Jonathan Kaplan (South Africa), Marc van Zyl (South Africa)
Television match official: Deon van Blommestein (South Africa)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Stormers will have JdJ, Taute and Rhodes back. Brumbies full of confidense after they bashed the Sharks. Jake White will have it all planned out. Massive challenge for the Stormers, Brumbies by 50.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Stormers will have JdJ, Taute and Rhodes back. Brumbies full of confidense after they bashed the Sharks. Jake White will have it all planned out. Massive challenge for the Stormers, Brumbies by 50.
I'd like to think so, but I'm sure it won't be by the much...maybe 40 :)

P

Paradox

Brumbies by 50.

:D Nice try Oom. I hope the Brumbies haven't picked up too many injuries from the last game. Doubt over White, Sio, Mogg and Kudriani. Smith has been sent home with concussion. Moore is nursing a bad back. Obviously Pocock and McCabe are back in Canberra.

The Stormers were very good against the Chiefs.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Injuries aside, I'm expecting the Brumbies to roll on. If anything they should put in a more complete performance this week. They looked to show some signs of jet lag in the second half last week; a very minor criticism.

Im yet to see a Stormers game this year (because theyv all been on at 4am). They are always very strong at home and to see that they beat the Chiefs is impressive. Nevetheless I cant go past the Brumbies who look to be on an absolute crusade atm. this will be a cracker. Brumbies by 10+.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
:D Nice try Oom. I hope the Brumbies haven't picked up too many injuries from the last game. Doubt over White, Sio, Mogg and Kudriani. Smith has been sent home with concussion. Moore is nursing a bad back. Obviously Pocock and McCabe are back in Canberra.

The Stormers were very good against the Chiefs.
I didn't see George get a head knock in the Sharks match?

M

Moono75

Will be a good game but the Brumbies are playing like a machine at this stage. Bryan Habana was always going to be a big loss for the Stormers to cover but if the competition has shown aything this year it's don't underestimate your opposition.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Nic White is in doubt with concussion so that would mean Prior steps up to start - not sure who would take the bench spot.

Steve Moore and Jesse Mogg will be assessed this week to see how they are before the team is name on Thursday night our time.

. Obviously Pocock and McCabe are back in Canberra.

I saw him sitting on the bench during the Shorks game.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Brumbies by 50.

Happy with Brumbies by 1.
At the end of the day, we had a good match vs the Sharks, that's all.
Let's stay with feet on the ground, season is long, pray to avoid injuries and keep focus.
Must say I was really impressed with Toumua's defence, he put in some really strong takles vs the Sharks. His defence has improved out of sight.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
It should be a tough match for the brumbies, particularly if they miss White and Mogg, the two big punters.

Plenty of class on the bench though as kudriani emphasized last week.

A win would be great and shut up plenty of people trying to down play the brumbies potential. For me though even 2 bp's would mean a successful away trip, especially if there's no more injuries.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
A win and a BP is a great considering how shit SA tours have been for Brumbies in the past.

Dean Hyde

Allen Oxlade (6)
Nic White is in doubt with concussion so that would mean Prior steps up to start - not sure who would take the bench spot.

Steve Moore and Jesse Mogg will be assessed this week to see how they are before the team is name on Thursday night our time.

I saw him sitting on the bench during the Shorks game.

I thought Prior had a great game. Had clean, fast service from the breakdown. Doesn't have the same kicking game as White but that will just mean Lilo and To'omua will have a bit more work to do.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Tough one to call.
Is Burger playing?
Mowen v's Burger should be exciting.
Plus the Stormers locks of 2012 performed like the 2013 Brumbies locks (so far).

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
No reports of Burger being fit.

The Stormers are still without Etzebeth. He is to their pack what kahunas are to a stud bull - the most important part. His stand-in has been good, but doesn't offer enough in the muck. I reckon they should start Elstad at lock with Bekker-san and play Rhodes on the side. Very good player. More balsy pack I reckon (there is a pattern developing here)

Any chance of that Oom Paarl? I would love to see it.

And whether Burger plays or not, comparing how Mowen goes against Kolisi is more appropriate.

Can't wait for this one. Stormers will have had a big wake up watching the Short getting balled. They will be well rested.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Kolisi plays a lot more like a blindside and is certainly not a 'fetcher' type flanker who plays to the ball. That role is split between Fourie the hooker and Vermuelen at 8. I can hardly remember Kolisi contesting the ball on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.