• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super AU R2 - Reds v Rebels Suncorp Stadium 26/2

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
First half highlight was Paisamis tackle on To'omua, the other highlight was hearing the whistle blown 18times for penalties

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Both teams are offending absolutely, but the referee is going a bit silly on the whistle as well

Yes no warnings. He needed to get in it early to stamp it out. Problem is precedent is set now so will continue for the rest of the game most likely.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Taniela Tupuo off at halftime, replaced by Feao Fotuaika.

I listened to a podcast through the week from Taniela, and i think that may go some way to explaining why they’re limiting his game time. Tupou actually went to Thorn and his manager last year and said he wanted to walk away from rugby, he was having some personal issues and the COVID lockdown/inability to travel home to Tonga was taking its toll on him mentally. Thorn spoke to him about it about how they could manage it. Didn’t elaborate on what they were going to do, but perhaps this is part of that.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Good D by the Rebs. Better than expected. Reds making plenty of inroads just unable to retain/hang onto the pill. Will be an interesting 2nd half

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
this referee is a twat. Penalising the halfbacks for coming up early on the lineouts, Powell in the first half and Tate in the second half. Penalised both, It’s a shit penalty, its subjective and the halfback coming forward doesn’t benefit the team unfairly, if anything it speeds it up which is what should be encouraged.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Reece Hodge reminds me of Tom Carter. Can't think of a more uninspiring player in Australian rugby.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Reds opted not to take a kick at goal, then in the next phase of play they failed to take any points and also copped a red card.. JOC (James O'Connor)’s needs to be smarter in his decisions