• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2017: matches not involving Australian teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

What stood out like a dog’s nuts from this match was the utter ineptitude on attack from Fekitoa. If he’s first choice midfield for the BILions then NZ we are fucked. ALB, Crotty, Ioane, Moala, Tamainivalu, hell I’d have Matt Proctor before Fekitoa. Sure, he’s solid on D but passes into dummy runners? The vaguest chickenheaded awareness of what is unfolding around him? That spasticated backhanded flick that ended up 7 under his own posts? How about the basics of centre play that he isn’t even close to mastering? Nonu and Conrad didn’t turn up to the Royal Albert Hall wielding a homemade piccolo. Think about that for a minute.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I've been really impressed by Rob Thompson both in the trial against the Tahs and last night against the Chiefs. One of the few Highlanders backs who didn't do a whole lot of dumb things.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yes, O Dismal One, Fekitoa has as they say in polite society "plateaued". Can't help but think back to those bizarre Insta/ FB posts a year ago & wonder if there's some stuff messing with his head. If there are indeed NH clubs chasing him, he'd best let them catch him before he further devalues himself.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Poor old Sunwolves aren't even playing that badly, the Hurricanes are just untouchable. Not helped by some shocking refereeing.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
HT Hurricanes 45-5 Sunwolves. Seven tries & coulda been eight but ref ruled obstruction on a last-play lineout drive that looked pretty standard to me.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

Sunwolves getting a solar flare of an introduction to the NZ conference. Front row, all local. And the 2 wingers. ALL the rest looked to be foreigners. And all 8 players on the bench were Japanese? Wft. Is JJoseph under any obligation to “grow” the game in Japan? Team selection says a resounding “fuck the game and fuck you. I do not trust you local pricks at all.” Then the dwarf j-winger goes out and makes Vince Aso look like Julian Savea.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
50 up, Blade Thompson loitering with intent out on Cory Jane's wing.

Sunwolves getting a solar flare of an introduction to the NZ conference. Front row, all local. And the 2 wingers. ALL the rest looked to be foreigners. And all 8 players on the bench were Japanese? Wft. Is JJoseph under any obligation to “grow” the game in Japan? Team selection says a resounding “fuck the game and fuck you. I do not trust you local pricks at all.” Then the dwarf j-winger goes out and makes Vince Aso look like Julian Savea.

Looks like a decent crowd have turned out to watch their team getting ritually disembowelled. How very Japanese of them.

Fatialofa lopes 25m & scores in JSav's corner, Otere converts, 57-5.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
'canes sending out the backup boys, some blokes called Beauden Barrett (gotta be a fake name, that) & Dane Coles............

83-5 with ~20min left.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
FT 83-17, Sunwolves got three tries and never gave up entirely but a few more thrashings like this and you'd have to start questioning their right to be in the comp, not least because, as Rugby Reg has pointed out, they're easily the last Super Rugby squad to assemble & it shows.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Why the hell was the Sunwolves player penalised for that last breakdown penalty after the siren?! Looked like a textbook breakdown pilfer to me and the Canes hung onto it for ages. Not the tackler, no ruck formed, on his feet and supporting his bodyweight.

Pretty poor reffing overall IMO. No effect on the outcome of course, but the Sunwolves have it bad enough already, they don't need that too.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
FFS Japan. A perfect opportunity to incorporate a thoroughly witty comment on a Hurricanes batting collapse has been ruined by that late try.

yep, instead gone the route of an Ivy League non-conference NCAA game

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
FT 83-17, Sunwolves got three tries and never gave up entirely but a few more thrashings like this and you'd have to start questioning their right to be in the comp, not least because, as Rugby Reg has pointed out, they're easily the last Super Rugby squad to assemble & it shows.

Scary thing is, the Sunwolves weren't that bad. The Hurricanes were scary good.

Status
Not open for further replies.