• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2017: matches not involving Australian teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
I only remember him at 15 for Tasman & not at all in U20 but obviously Razor will be all over it, maybe he's why they were prepared to let Ben V go. Even so, losing your starting 5/8 in Rd 1 for up to half the season is a pretty big blow.

Mitch Hunt can definitely play first five - he was the backup 10 for Auckland in the 2015 ITM Cup season - he started the first game of the season then had to sit on the bench behind captain Simon Hickey.

I'd say it will be either Hunt or McKenzie. Hunt is a good player - he's just tiny.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Stormers v Jaguares wont be televised on Fox will it? would love to record that and give it a watch.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Stormers v Jaguares wont be televised on Fox will it? would love to record that and give it a watch.

All Super games are on Fox, but in the early hours of the morning. If you've got IQ you can record it while you sleep, if you've got the old set-up and a PVR that works too.
Failing that they replay all games Tuesday/Wednesday.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Cheetahs v Bulls. A repeat of the Currie Cup final? Or revenge for the Blou Bulle? I'm going with revenge. :)

[Even if the Bulls did not live up to my expectations last week.]

Come on boys!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Bulls poach from the Free State lately. Will be interesting to see Lood at home.

The big test will be in the fronts. Vrystaat have a decend scrum lately and if they pitch up on the day, they can beat any team.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mitch Hunt can definitely play first five - he was the backup 10 for Auckland in the 2015 ITM Cup season - he started the first game of the season then had to sit on the bench behind captain Simon Hickey.

I'd say it will be either Hunt or McKenzie. Hunt is a good player - he's just tiny.

Plus he's Nelson-born & went to Nelson College so he'll be a tough little bugger :)

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Bulls poach from the Free State lately. Will be interesting to see Lood at home.

The big test will be in the fronts. Vrystaat have a decend scrum lately and if they pitch up on the day, they can beat any team.

Hey, the transfer lists have settled somewhat now the season has started. Dont know your source, and I ackowledge that you are closer to it than I am. In the absence of anything else try here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2016–17_Super_Rugby_transfers

You'll find two transfers to the Bulls from Free State. That's it (including the Blou Bulle.) By the way three transfers from Pretoria to the Stormers.

Yes, I'm particularly looking forward to seeing Lood connect with Snyman in 2017. (strangely enough)

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Blues have been named for their match Friday night with the Chiefs in Hamilton. Kaino, Tuipulotu and Ofa T back to bolster the bench.

The team is: Pauliasi Manu, Matt Moulds, Sione Mafileo, Jimmy Tupou (C), Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, Steven Luatua, Blake Gibson, Akira Ioane; Augustine Pulu, Ihaia West, Melani Nanai, Piers Francis, Rieko Ioane, Matt Duffie, Michael Collins.

Reserves: Hame Faiva, Ofa Tu’ungafasi, Charlie Faumuina, Patrick Tuipulotu, Jerome Kaino, Billy Guyton, George Moala, Rene Ranger.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^^ Those are five of the ugliest jerseys I've ever seen, WTF are all the random shapes supposed to represent? Crusaders one appears to have highly stylised maps of the North & South islands at the bottom, the Blues one what could be a representation of Northland but apart from that they look like my six year old great niece drew them. When she was three.

I got emailed a teaser of the Crusaders one that had me thinking I might get one but having seen it in full, it's a Yeah, Nah Bro from me!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Blues have been named for their match Friday night with the Chiefs in Hamilton. Kaino, Tuipulotu and Ofa T back to bolster the bench.

The team is: Pauliasi Manu, Matt Moulds, Sione Mafileo, Jimmy Tupou (C), Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, Steven Luatua, Blake Gibson, Akira Ioane; Augustine Pulu, Ihaia West, Melani Nanai, Piers Francis, Rieko Ioane, Matt Duffie, Michael Collins.

Reserves: Hame Faiva, Ofa Tu’ungafasi, Charlie Faumuina, Patrick Tuipulotu, Jerome Kaino, Billy Guyton, George Moala, Rene Ranger.

Chiefs: 15 Damian McKenzie, 14 Tim Nanai-Williams, 13 Anton Lienert-Brown, 12 Johnny Faauli, 11 James Lowe, 10 Aaron Cruden (c), 9 Tawera Kerr-Barlow, 8 Michael Leitch, 7 Lachlan Boshier, 6 Liam Messam, 5 Brodie Retallick, 4 Dominic Bird, 3 Nepo Laulala, 2 Hika Elliot, 1 Kane Hames
Replacements: 16 Samisoni Taukei’aho, 17 Siegfried Fisi’ihoi, 18 Atu Moli, 19 Taleni Seu, 20 Tom Sanders, 21 Jonathan Taumateine, 22 Toni Pulu, 23 Shaun Stevenson

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not to worry. Stormers fans will soon get used to seeing many of those names under the "try" column of their score cards.....

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Jaguares starting XV to face Stormers:

1 Garcia Botta
2 A. Creevy (c)
3 F. Arregui
4 G. Petti
5 M. Alemanno
6 P. Matera
7 T. Lezana
8 L. Senatore
9 G. Bertranou
10 N. Sanchez
11 S. Cordero
12 J. De la Fuente
13 M. Orlando
14 R. Moyano
15 J. Tuculet

16 J. Montoya
17 Noguera Paz
18 C. Bartoloni
19 M. Kremmer
20 B. Macome
21 F. Ezcurra
22 G. Iglesias
23 M. Moroni

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Chiefs v Blues.........

Luatua red carded for a high shot off the ball...........

Chiefs inspired by the Brumbies and scored 2 tries off mauls.

Chiefs 22 Blues 9 HT.

Status
Not open for further replies.