• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2017: matches not involving Australian teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
super-rugby-crusaders-sf-4433136d.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Charlie Ngatai in for the Duck, Tribe 23 otherwise unchanged:

Chiefs (15-1): Damian McKenzie, Tim Nanai-Williams, Anton Lienert-Brown, Charlie Ngatai, James Lowe, Aaron Cruden (co-c), Tawera Kerr-Barlow, Michael Leitch, Sam Cane (co-c), Liam Messam, Brodie Retallick, Mitchell Brown, Nepo Laulala, Nathan Harris, Kane Hames. Reserves (16-23): Liam Polwart, Aidan Ross, Atu Moli, Dominic Bird, Lachlan Boshier, Finlay Christie, Stephen Donald, Shaun Stevenson.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I thought Stephen Donald was bloody good last weekend. Jeez he made some good runs really hitting the line with aggression.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
SA wasn't guaranteed 2 QFs as Jaguares are in one of their pools and could of got one of the spots. Geez with Aus getting a home QF I think you should fall to your knees and thank whoever negotiated for Aus!!
No way we deserved a home QF but at least one to each country has been there since day one. The two SA conferences and thus the two QFs came in with S18 and is responsible to a significant extent for the problems now being experienced.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lions unchanged:

15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Ruan Combrinck, 13 Lionel Mapoe, 12 Harold Vorster, 11 Courtnall Skosan, 10 Elton Jantjies, 9 Ross Cronje, 8 Ruan Ackermann, 7 Kwagga Smith, 6 Jaco Kriel (captain), 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Andries Ferreira, 3 Ruan Dreyer, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Jacques van Rooyen

Substitutes: 16 Akker vd Merwe, 17 Corne Fourie, 18 Johannes Jonker, 19 Lourens Erasmus, 20 Cyle Brink, 21 Faf de Klerk, 22 Rohan Janse van Rensburg, 23 Sylvian Mahuza

Coles brings up his 100 in his first start for four months, Aso back, Savea benched & Jane doesn't make the 23;

Hurricanes: 15 Jordie Barrett, 14 Nehe Milner-Skudder, 13 Vince Aso, 12 Ngani Laumape, 11 Wes Goosen, 10 Beauden Barrett, 9 TJ Perenara, 8 Brad Shields, 7 Ardie Savea, 6 Vaea Fifita, 5 Sam Lousi, 4 Mark Abbott, 3 Jeff To'omaga-Allen, 2 Dane Coles (captain), 1 Ben May

Substitutes: 16 Ricky Riccitelli, 17 Chris Eves, 18 Loni Uhila, 19 Reed Prinsep, 20 Callum Gibbins, 21 Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, 22 Otere Black, 23 Julian Savea

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm starting to smell an ambush. Locals are talking about how tough it'll be for the Tribe coming back from SA & how they're therefore massive underdogs, TAB odds are CruSadists $1.26, Tribe $3.75, all four stuff.co.nz pundits AND planetrugby.com are tipping the 'sadists, as is this mug:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/super-rugby-2017-semi-finals/#disqus_thread

That said I have some choice as texts ready to fire off at wifey's cousins on both sides of the ditch should my lot defy the odds. Only fair given their cruel taunting after the 2012 & 2013 SF not to mention some regular season matches circa 2012-16..........

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Mind you WOB, I am starting to think if Chiefs did win tonight, and the Canes knock over the Lions, there would be a final at the Caketin next weekend, and who do you think is going back to Levin for a 90th birthday that is lunchtime Saturday?? Mmmmmm got some interesting ideas at back of my mind for Sat night!!!!!;)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ if it turns out to be at AMI I'm buying tickets as soon as they go on sale then worrying about getting someone to work my Saturday & getting to cheechee later :)

Akula

Herbert Moran (7)
12.30am kickoff NZ time for Lions vs Hurricanes. Off the beer tonight so that I stay awake! Can't wait for both games.

Hopefully a Chiefs win so that final can be at Wellington Regional Stadium!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cold but dry in C-town tonight & stadium management brought in a chopper to help dry the ground out, it's still pretty soggy in a few places. Naturally a rumour started doing the rounds that one RMcCaw was at the controls of the chopper but as it happens he wasn't.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Cold but dry in C-town tonight & stadium management brought in a chopper to help dry the ground out, it's still pretty soggy in a few places. Naturally a rumour started doing the rounds that one RMcCaw was at the controls of the chopper but as it happens he wasn't.

He is hard to see. Apparently.

M

Moono75

Hurricanes off to a nice start. Lions heard to say "where is New Zealand from".

Status
Not open for further replies.