• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2023 QF: Chiefs v Reds

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Didn't get the win but it was a phenomenal effort. Big message sent to Eddie from a lot of the players, Faessler, Smith, McReight, Wilson, McDermott, O'Connor, Vunivalu, Flook and Campbell all pressed their claim tonight. Even a guy further from the squad like Blyth gave him plenty to think about. If he's serious about big game form being the key to selection this game has got to be a big tick for a lot of those players.
I'd like to see that but don't think it will happen, Eddie would have a pretty good idea of who he wants from Australia and one good - (great) game won't sway him, it has been a lousy season for the Reds. Only watched 25 mins of the game but tomorrow morning I'm gonna sit down and watch the whole thing.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I'd like to see that but don't think it will happen, Eddie would have a pretty good idea of who he wants from Australia and one good - (great) game won't sway him, it has been a lousy season for the Reds. Only watched 25 mins of the game but tomorrow morning I'm gonna sit down and watch the whole thing.
If Eddie's serious about playing a low possession game based around smart kicking then he'd be crazy not to look at these guys. Played the game very much to that blueprint, particularly Campbell who was key to the execution of it.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Didn't get the win but it was a phenomenal effort. Big message sent to Eddie from a lot of the players, Faessler, Smith, McReight, Wilson, McDermott, O'Connor, Vunivalu, Flook and Campbell all pressed their claim tonight. Even a guy further from the squad like Blyth gave him plenty to think about. If he's serious about big game form being the key to selection this game has got to be a big tick for a lot of those players.
Whilst we all love to see our team win, the next best thing is to watch your team to turn up, compete and fight

Fantastic effort from the Reds