• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Rd 6 - Brumbies v Force

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
That is all well and good but the other 2 options are turning 27 next month and 30 years old. They don't have a project 10. I would somewhat agree if they had a Lolesio, Harrison, Carter x 2, Pasitoa, etc etc. Hopefully they pick one up for next season.

If Miotti is their best 10 they should be playing him. It is a waste of money to not. They are Pros, if he is moving on next year then that is fair and in his right. it is a very amateur mindset to not play him because he is off to another gig next year. And IMO it does a disservice to the rest of the squad by not playing their best 10.

Either way for the Force's sake I hope McIntyre improves, he is clearly Sampson's favorite, but I think he has reached his ceiling.

Actually your arguments sway with me, and I think you are actually right on both counts ie play their best players and secondly the need for a project 10. Brumbies with Noah, kunuzel (sorry forget corrext spelling), Pasitoa is a hording waste and force should try and get one of the latter two

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Actually your arguments sway with me, and I think you are actually right on both counts ie play their best players and secondly the need for a project 10. Brumbies with Noah, kunuzel (sorry forget corrext spelling), Pasitoa is a hording waste and force should try and get one of the latter two
Pasitoa is being nurtured in probably the best place for him at the moment. Chucking a 19-20 year old in at the deep end isn’t the best way forward. Look how well that’s been working for the Tahs. It’s not like he’s not being given a chance. He’s had a few opportunities off the bench. Not exactly hoarding.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Pasitoa is being nurtured in probably the best place for him at the moment. Chucking a 19-20 year old in at the deep end isn’t the best way forward. Look how well that’s been working for the Tahs. It’s not like he’s not being given a chance. He’s had a few opportunities off the bench. Not exactly hoarding.

I can see his point though. You guys have 3 of the best young 10s in the country and they have none. At some point Pasitoa will move on and I wouldn't be surprised if that is next year(contract dependant). He isn't seen as a starting 10 or 12 in ACT. Would be a great get for the Force. If WF can keep Kearney and the Kiwi around for 2022 it could be a very good learning experience for young Pasitoa along with a starting spot to start to get some good game time.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I can see his point though. You guys have 3 of the best young 10s in the country and they have none. At some point Pasitoa will move on and I wouldn't be surprised if that is next year(contract dependant). He isn't seen as a starting 10 or 12 in ACT. Would be a great get for the Force. If WF can keep Kearney and the Kiwi around for 2022 it could be a very good learning experience for young Pasitoa along with a starting spot to start to get some good game time.
That’s not the case at all. They’ll be more likely to move Keunzel on than Pasitoa, and he’s in a better system here than in WA. Brumbies don’t parachute kids in until they’re ready. Noah played club and NRC for a couple of years before they used him as starting 10. Working out pretty well I think.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Fair comment and why brumbies has 3 very good 10s able to retain - I am not having a go at brumbies by the way(huge respect for brumbies player development capabilities) but be good at some stage to see at least one of those 3 play for another franchise given depth issues at 10 at other franchises like force (moreso no young 10) and reds.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Looking forward to tonight’s game as hoping it should be good battle with force improving every game...and brumbies just a well drilled side

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
That’s not the case at all. They’ll be more likely to move Keunzel on than Pasitoa, and he’s in a better system here than in WA. Brumbies don’t parachute kids in until they’re ready. Noah played club and NRC for a couple of years before they used him as starting 10. Working out pretty well I think.

Nothing I said is incorrect actually. I think you've missed my point which is that it may not be the Brumbies choice. Plenty of talented 2nd choice players have moved franchises because they feel like they're ready to start games and aren't getting the opportunities where they are. If he keeps playing second fiddle then I can see why heading to the Force would be an attractive option for him. Especially given it is his hometown (I think).

Anyway this is pretty off topic for this thread.

Hoping it is another good showing for the game in Oz! Rooting for the Force but head tells me Brumbies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
So thrush out as late injury

Head says brumbies given at home and hard to see 2 losses on the trot but equally brumbies need to be on their game as no side easy beats (outside of tahs!!!)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Isnt that only the first penalty from a maul? First one was offside.

Berry is a bit of a mong eh

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
still more great goal line defence from the Force. F@rk me can the commentators try and talk up a try from nothing.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Great effort in defence from Force. Alas the yellow card from Kuridrani was always going to hurt.