• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Rd 6 - Brumbies v Force

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
It feels like the Force have been playing the game with 2 in the bin, the Brumbies find so much space outwide.

Tonight's game shows, as I have been saying, that the Force are a team in transition. Back in the game with as good a team as we can put together. But it's not the finished product. This is the figuring out who to keep and where to upgrade stage of our re-birth into Super Rugby. Hard to watch sometimes but looking forward to the years ahead.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Tonight's game shows, as I have been saying, that the Force are a team in transition. Back in the game with as good a team as we can put together. But it's not the finished product. This is the figuring out who to keep and where to upgrade stage of our re-birth into Super Rugby. Hard to watch sometimes but looking forward to the years ahead.

Meh, when have the Force ever not been 'trying to figure it out'? You have a benefactor richer than god and a wealth of Australian talent overseas who aren't over 35.

Bout time they did something notable.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Meh, when have the Force ever not been 'trying to figure it out'? You have a benefactor richer than god and a wealth of Australian talent overseas who aren't over 35.

There is some truth there. Sampson may not be the man to take this team forward. Plenty of recruiting to be done, Twiggy won't put up with shit for long.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Notable, at least to me D, that their first win since returning was over your Tahs.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Brumbies attack was humming tonight, the defence was brutal. Taken as a whole, the Brumbies backline is the best in SRAu.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Samu started slowing down before the tryline and didn’t even dive, if you’re going to play on the wing then should learn to finish like a wing

That will count against you in Dave Rennies books, when it comes to the Wallabies as it should.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Not the best result tonight. This was to be expected when working towards building your 'dream house' Force team of the future. We've taken out the mortgage, tonight we got hit with a rate hike and couldn't cover the payment.

The positives are we have some good players to build around. Anstee has been a revelation in short stints. He needs to start. Taefu had been a solid hit up man and good defender. Godwin when he returns may help to free up Kuridrani who seems contained under the current line-up.
The scrum is solid but was down on KG's tonight. Ok if your technique is great but if your in that area where the ref can make an interpretation on what's happening in the scrum, you can be in a world of pain.

We just aren't breaking the line enough and the wings just aren't threatening enough when they get a chance. I love Brache's commitment and dedication to the Force but I think his time as a starter has come. Ralston not sure, he needs to inject himself into the game.

We missed Kearney, Kahui and Thrush tonight, basically playing coaches on the field to settle and direct the team. Timani is a big unit but gets the ball in static situations. Needs to dominate more.
On a positive tomorrow's Saturday and an opportunity for a great breakfast
1f600.png

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yep Anstee given small amount seen of him with iniury has been impressive - struggled to find much other positives about the force and to me really showed how much Thrush, Kearney and Kahui provide such valuable on field leadership and hence actually really does highlight why the Force brought them in (moreso Kearney and Kahui). Having listened to Kearney's on field talk in particular I see the value he brings.

Force at least improved in second half but that was dire game to watch from the Force.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Plenty of recruiting to be done, Twiggy won't put up with shit for long.

And almost one of problems seems at Force is summed up there. they should never worry about pleasing Twiggy , but their suppoter base etc. It almost as if (and I not saying it comes from team) that everyone thinks Twiggy has the answers ($s).
I think a reality check is maybe the answer.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Be careful Dan, the force supporters don’t like hearing that this grand plan and squad they’ve got might actually just be very crap.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Anstee certainly did look good the time he had on the field. Otoh, Timani was sent backwards a couple of metres almost every time he ran the ball.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Be careful Dan, the force supporters don’t like hearing that this grand plan and squad they’ve got might actually just be very crap.

I don't think there's that much substance behind their vision (read marketing) or anything that's actually different to what other franchises say and do (to varying levels of effectiveness).

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
I don't think there's that much substance behind their vision (read marketing) or anything that's actually different to what other franchises say and do (to varying levels of effectiveness).

Got a bit more coin than the others does that count??

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Not the best result tonight. This was to be expected when working towards building your 'dream house' Force team of the future. We've taken out the mortgage, tonight we got hit with a rate hike and couldn't cover the payment.

The positives are we have some good players to build around. Anstee has been a revelation in short stints. He needs to start. Taefu had been a solid hit up man and good defender. Godwin when he returns may help to free up Kuridrani who seems contained under the current line-up.
The scrum is solid but was down on KG's tonight. Ok if your technique is great but if your in that area where the ref can make an interpretation on what's happening in the scrum, you can be in a world of pain.

We just aren't breaking the line enough and the wings just aren't threatening enough when they get a chance. I love Brache's commitment and dedication to the Force but I think his time as a starter has come. Ralston not sure, he needs to inject himself into the game.

We missed Kearney, Kahui and Thrush tonight, basically playing coaches on the field to settle and direct the team. Timani is a big unit but gets the ball in static situations. Needs to dominate more.
On a positive tomorrow's Saturday and an opportunity for a great breakfast
1f600.png

My opinion is that guys like Taefu, McGregor, Brache, Prior, McCauley aren’t Super Rugby standard. And whilst other guys like Stander and Koteka are Super Rugby standard they aren’t exactly dominating, they need world class players around them to lift them.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
My opinion is that guys like Taefu, McGregor, Brache, Prior, McCauley aren’t Super Rugby standard. And whilst other guys like Stander and Koteka are Super Rugby standard they aren’t exactly dominating, they need world class players around them to lift them.

That is fair comment but takes time to bring on and bring in world class players.

They have inproved the quality and continuing to with Rodda recruitment. They recruited super rugby standard players in Godwin, tevita, Robertson, pulu, the Argentina players, Kearney, Kahui,anstee, and Holmes. I am ok with the older players as they are at least at super standard now and can see with their Absence this game how much their leadership was missing.

They will get there as got the financial backing to bring in more players and also continuing to invest in grass roots as well.