• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Round 10 - Rebels v Force, 3.00pm AEST Sat 5th September

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Good to see Gibbon back but at reserve THP? Have to presume that Pone is injured.

It will interesting to see how Anderson goes, I hope he gets a bit of time.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
GO YOU FORCE!!!

Some interesting changes......

118653881_3316902188348507_3931354598397363966_o.jpg

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Good to see Gibbon back but at reserve THP? Have to presume that Pone is injured.

It will interesting to see how Anderson goes, I hope he gets a bit of time.

Eloff is a THP, so I think Gibbo will play at LHP.

Haven't heard anything aobut Anderson. Background?

Excited to see Bobby at 9. THink it's the right call to make. It's a very strong backline, probably one of the best we've out out all year. With good service from the pack, they should dominate the Force backline.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Is Wilkin injured? He's fast becoming one of my favourite players, great energy.

I really thought Deegan @ 10 with To'omua @ 12 was our way forward but last week wasn't great for Deegan. I like having To'omua float out more but hopefully they prove me wrong. Meakes, Hodge, Pincus does not strike me as an attacking combination to be feared. I thought Hodge's best has been at FB. Yet to see anything from Pincus.

Hopefully Anderson comes on and scores a couple....

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
That's a strong pack, but wonder why Stander is not at 8?

Big loss with no Kahui at 12. Is he injured?

Thought Kahui started the season well but hasn't delivered. Having Godwin on the wing is a waste, him at 13 with Ralston on the wing is much better. I think that backline is pretty decent and almost has the Rebels beat.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Anderson will be an outside back/13 option, also could fill in the backrow if needed. Played the majority of his football as a forward but obviously making the transition to the backs since been in the 7s program. I personally think he’s the best player in the 7s team, not that it means anything on XV but comfortably one of the best players on the circuit.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Pone's done a hammy. I thought this was physically iimpossible for a prop, as the happy is surgically removed on the firstday of prop school?

But the story on how we did is so on-brand for a prop.

Wessels said Fa'amausili's injury was a blow but he still hoped the prop would play in next week's final should the Rebels win this week.

"Pone tweaked his hamstring. He made a huge line break at training then tried to chip and chase to the corner thinking he was [former All Black] Christian Cullen," Wessels said.

Bless him...

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Thought Kahui started the season well but hasn't delivered. Having Godwin on the wing is a waste, him at 13 with Ralston on the wing is much better. I think that backline is pretty decent and almost has the Rebels beat.

Probably hasn't delviered we expected from an ex AB, but still he provide a experinced head in a backline filled with inexperince (Lance excluded). Nothing better than a calming voice to settle a few nerves.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I hope this backline finally fires
As everyone knows, chopping and changing your halves pairing is the key to a successful backline.

If the Force had a bench id say they might actually be a chance for this with yet another halves swaperoo and the Rebels propensity to shit the bed in important matches.

Fortunately for the Rebels they don't.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Pone's done a hammy. I thought this was physically iimpossible for a prop, as the happy is surgically removed on the firstday of prop school?

But the story on how we did is so on-brand for a prop.

Bless him.

That's hilarious :rolleyes:

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
Deegan and Lomani's levels have dropped in recent weeks - I'm OK with the changes, I hope Meakes finds some form.

You're right, It is our ability to balls things up which is the main worry

As everyone knows, chopping and changing your halves pairing is the key to a successful backline.

If the Force had a bench id say they might actually be a chance for this with yet another halves swaperoo and the Rebels propensity to shit the bed in important matches.

Fortunately for the Rebels they don't.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
Wessell's has a real habit of chopping and changing players, not only between the bench but also between positions. Makes me worry he's still not really sure what his best team is or where he wants his players to play.

Could be one of the factors that's contributing to the Rebels inconsistency.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Wessell's has a real habit of chopping and changing players, not only between the bench but also between positions. Makes me worry he's still not really sure what his best team is or where he wants his players to play.

Could be one of the factors that's contributing to the Rebels inconsistency.

It looks like that but then the Brumbies seem to manage with that OK. Perhaps their cattle are better at adapting and are on board with the game plan.