• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Team of the Week

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yeah I saw that team on the other site, it was ridiculous. It claimed to be based on form so far this year and yet had Frost and Petaia picked over others who have colllectively not even played two games between them. They may well turn out to be great picks but Im not quite sure the author gets the general definition of "current form".

It also had Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) from teh Tahs in the squad...

Also 8 backrowers, 4 of whom were Wright, Hoops, Mcreight and even Will Miller - But not room for Valetini.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
It also had Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) from teh Tahs in the squad.

Also 8 backrowers, 4 of whom were Wright, Hoops, Mcreight and even Will Miller - But not room for Valetini.

Yep. I respect him having a go and its fun to have these discussions but his process wasn't vaguely coherent.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Here is another take of the form Wallaby Team from rounds 1 - 5.
Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 12_36_16 pm (1).png

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 12_38_24 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 12_38_40 pm.png

https://super.rugby/superrugby/news/super-rugby-au-halfway-point-report-card/

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I see a lot of Scott Fardy about him, and Fardy has to be one of my favourite Wallabies of the last 10-20 years. Remember reading about the post-tsunami clean up in Japan. Inspiring bloke.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I see a lot of Scott Fardy about him, and Fardy has to be one of my favourite Wallabies of the last 10-20 years. Remember reading about the post-tsunami clean up in Japan. Inspiring bloke.

yep, I thought the same. Quite Fardy like

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Ok, so I'll have the first go:

1. Orr
2. Horton
3. Tupou
4. Philip
5. Hosea
6. Kemeny
7. Hooper
8. Naisarani
9. Gordon
10. Deegan
11. Ramm
12. To'omua
13. Magnay
14. Kellaway
15. Maddocks

16. Uelese
17. Robertson
18. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
19. Hanigan (despite his poor discipline; excellent lineout work)
20. Dempsey
21. McDermott
22. JOC (James O'Connor)
23. Hodge

Reactions: TSR

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
1. Orr
2. Uelese
3. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
4. Philip
5. Hosea
6. Wilkin
7. Hooper
8. Naisarani
9. Gordon
10. Deegan
11. Koroibete
12. To'omua
13. Paisami
14. Ramm
15. Hodge

edit: forgot about Ramm.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
1. Orr
2. Uelese
4. Philip
5. Hosea
6. Wilkin
7. Hooper
8. Naisarani
9. Gordon
10. Deegan
11. Koroibete
12. To'omua
13. Paisami
14. Koroibete
15. Hodge
Just want to point out you have Koroibete on both wings

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Just wondering if @Sully can please change the name of this thread to ‘Wallaby eligible SRAu team of the week’ or similar

OR copy this week’s teams over to a new weekly thread

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Can players be picked in a position they didn't play? E.g. Wilkin is picked at 6 above but played 7.

I think so, I thought Wilkin & Hooper were instrumental in their victories and both better than any of the 6s available. Also Wilkin can play 6 in a pinch.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Can players be picked in a position they didn't play? E.g. Wilkin is picked at 6 above but played 7.
Yes as long as it makes sense. E.g if someone picks Hooper at 12 it won’t count, but a 7 or 8 at 6 works. The general guideline would be that they can be chosen for another position provided it’s a position they could be considered for.

As a side note on that, it probably means that unless there is a collective mindset then said player probably won’t make the TOTW. However the votes still tally for that jersey number for the TOTY.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
1. Orr
2. Uelese
4. Philip
5. Hanigan
6. Kemeny
7. Hooper
8. Naisarani
9. Gordon
10. Deegan
11. Koroibete
12. Hunt
13. Magnay
14. Ramm
15. Maddocks

16. Horton
17. Robertson
18. Ainsley
19. Hosea
20. Wilkin
21. Dempsey
22. To'omua
23. Hodge

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
My form team for the first 6 rounds

1. Orr
2. Uelese
3. Tupou
4. Philip
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. Valetini
7. Hooper
8. Wilson
9. McDermott
10. To'omua
11. Ramm
12. Simone
13. Paisami
14. Wright
15. Maddocks

16. Fainga'a
17. Sio
18. AAT
19. Hosea
20. Wright
21. Powell
22. JOC (James O'Connor)
23. Koroibete

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Surprised to see Tupou named by most. 3 runs for 0 meters and 3 tackles and 3 missed according to ESPN

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Surprised to see Tupou named by most. 3 runs for 0 meters and 3 tackles and 3 missed according to ESPN

Oops!

I meant to put HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) but I copied and pasted someone else's list to save retyping most of the names. I've edited my post now :oops: