• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby jerseys 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
well the crusaders away jersey was already chainmail....

14566.png

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Crusaders jerseys are just dreadful.......... which is a shame, because Adidas generally do a good job with the NZ kits.........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyways, the Brumbies' kit in the flesh:

brumbies2014-jpg.4364

I really like the new away strip.........

I do wonder if there's a purpose behind the pattern in it or if it's just something random for design sake?

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Away jerseys:

Rebels (okay, but it looks like the Stormers)

ibfBzmis6ylyHC.jpg

Reds (replica away - so-so, basic boring white)

ibfCUe4qI70RF0.jpg

Force (meh)

. . . .
ipmD9j4Js6BLk.jpg

Brumbies (Alternate Design - not too bad)

Brumbies-away.png

Waratahs (Away - looks alright, except from the back!)

iZ62pJ47I8XCk.jpg

iDOx7DGicAmbT.jpg
I think the tahs might be planning for a new sponsor. As soon as I saw the rear of the jersey I thought of beer!
reschs.jpg

T

TOCC

The Red's jersey above is the one with the gold star under the QRU logo and the red collar, but the version that is being sold to the public appears to be different - see below image with the Red-Gold-Blue bar under the QRU logo and the nay blue collar.

I just ordered one of these from Lovell Rugby (UK) and it arrived today and it looks exactly like this:

19935.jpg

This was the jersey the Reds were wearing in the promo video so it must be the final design, the other one got the chop

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I thought the Cheetah's had a great jersey for the last couple of years, considering their colours. Don't like these ones.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think the tahs might be planning for a new sponsor. As soon as I saw the rear of the jersey I thought of beer!
reschs.jpg

Found a stubbie of the old silver bullet tucked away in the corner at the Bottlo and I bought it for nostalgia sake.

While the brewer has reduced the strength from 4.9% IIRC (in the 80s) to 4.5%, it still tastes as ordinary as it did back in "the day".

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Hmmm, some clangers in there. You usually expect a bad Bulls away jersey, but the Crusaders away is next level vile.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
It appears these jerseys are evolving towards the same spectrum as those found in the five kick version of rugby, I'd very much prefer the simplistic nature of the old traditional jerseys not the abortions found in many mungo footy clubs/games!

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
I think it is a concerted plan to suggest that this is the NSW team, not just a Sydney team.

As for a map of the whole state, I think that is also a tactic to suggest to fans that whilst technically some areas of NSW fall within the Brumbies catchment area, the Tahs are trying to say that we're still your team and you should support us.

I don't really like the jersey design, but I do like the intent behind it.

I live in NSW and it will be a cold day in Hell before I ever support the Waratahs.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
It appears these jerseys are evolving towards the same spectrum as those found in the five kick version of rugby, I'd very much prefer the simplistic nature of the old traditional jerseys not the abortions found in many mungo footy clubs/games!

But how many kids do you see walking around wearing NRL jerseys? It might not be tradition but if it looks pretty people will buy it. Take a look at some of the Warriors' training and charity jerseys. They're not traditional at all, but kids love em.

Status
Not open for further replies.