• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Membership Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
re the Force - looks like tickets are getting scarce which is a good sign. What does the new stadium config seat?

Its holds about 22k and once part 2 of the redev is complete it will be about 25k. I would be very happy if it was close to a sell out but from my thinking anything over 15k is a win considering were the team has been and the bad press as well as the Western Derby being on at the same time.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Is part 1 of the redev complete and what was it? some of the Perth Glory games looked pretty average with the empty and seatless grandstand - assume now that there are permanent seats. Are you seriousy saying that the biggest AFL game of the year in Perth is on at the same time as the Force's first home game? Would love to see 20k there - you never know they are a much better team this year.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Is part 1 of the redev complete and what was it? some of the Perth Glory games looked pretty average with the empty and seatless grandstand - assume now that there are permanent seats. Are you seriousy saying that the biggest AFL game of the year in Perth is on at the same time as the Force's first home game? Would love to see 20k there - you never know they are a much better team this year.

you can see what have been done here

http://www.dsr.wa.gov.au/perth-rectangular-stadium

And yes the Derby in on Saturday at 4:40 Force game sis 6:40. The Super Rugby draw came out long before the AFL draw and i cant help but think it was a big F*#$ you to Rugby WA and the ARU with us booking Subi this year and Last year for the tests during their Finals Series. Oh well hopefully its a great night and i cant wait to see the new stands. From what i have been told and read the stands are ready its the Food Stalls and the like that will be a few weeks away but that’s not biggy.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
thanks Gaffa - that looks like quite a development. What was the capacity prior to the development? Apparently with the new corporate facililties, the Force's financials should be a lot stronger - game day performance obviously will help.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
thanks Gaffa - that looks like quite a development. What was the capacity prior to the development? Apparently with the new corporate facililties, the Force's financials should be a lot stronger - game day performance obviously will help.

its was about 19-20k depending on how many people they crammed in the standing area. The main thing achieved was building proper structures and amenities instead of scaffold stands, portable toilets and food vans. Stage 2 as far as I’m aware hasn’t got allocated funding yet but will link all the stands together instead of having 4 separate structures.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
I was originally quite enthused when I saw the membership numbers being substantially higher than last year.
The fact that the TAHs allegedly have 16,000 members but are currently averaging 12,000 to each game means that the rumours that the club have been handing out free memberships to people that don’t necessarily want to go the games are true.
Don’t forget that the SFS has its own stadium members, plus the corporate facilities and punters who have just bought a ticket to the game – this potentially means that about 6000 members have been attending the games out of 16,000. Dont mean to be cynical but I am very suspicious of these numbers.
Saying that I’ll be there on Sunday with the little fella watching the Tahs get hammered – how long can this go on....

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Not every membership is for every game.

The Blues game is the first home game that you could consider close to a blockbuster (not on the Blues form last season, but they're a good team this year, the game is on a Sunday afternoon and there are lots of Blues fans in Sydney).

I'm pretty sure the Tahs had a membership option that only involved a ticket to the Fan Forum and no games. You could only buy that if you hadn't attended a Tahs game for a minimum of five years.

T

TOCC

2012 Prices
Adult/Family

WA $200/490 ($170/410)*
ACT $280/675-Gold Class Seating
NSW $120/300
VIC $180/432
QLD $185/390

*WA offered Seated/(Standing)

2013 Prices
Adult/Family
WA $225/$520
ACT $145/$355
NSW $135/$325
VIC $150/$360
QLD $200/$420

Reds are targeting 50'000 member for 2014, a pretty ambitious target given they had just shy of 40'000 this year...

2014 Prices
Adult/Family
WA $220/$520
ACT $145/355
NSW $130/$358
VIC not released yet
QLD $200/$420

All in all prices have remained pretty much the same for 2013-2014, NSW are giving away free packages for those 4-12yrs old and also offering their 2, 4, 6 and 8 game packages again which should help boost numbers, ACT are also offering a 3 game package.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Reds are offering a 12 month payment plan only 35 dollars a month for a family ticket.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Richo

John Thornett (49)
NSW are offering an expanded part payment plan this year too, although I didn't note the details.

They are also giving a discount to renewing members, although I'm not sure what the rate is exactly -- I think it was $20 or $25 off my platinum membership.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The Reds are also offering an automatic roll-over option on membership. It will be interesting to see if this is taken by a lot of people.

T

TOCC

Its good to see that they are also ditching that rubbish Rugby ID system needed to purchase a membership as well, i only ever encountered problems with that system.

D

daz

I recall a Rebels media release saying 2013 prices will remain the same for 2014. With no Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) to pay, you would think memberships prices would fall. ;)

Memberships on sale mid October.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Waratahs are aiming for 20k members this year. With the renewal period now closed they've got that they have 2,961 members for 2014 so far. Slightly disappointing renewal figure with Izzys resigning and a positive 2013 on the field, although it could be that the intern hasn't counted all the memberships sold so far.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
They always extend the renewal period substantially each year.

I imagine now is when they start calling last year's members and trying to get them to renew their old seats.

D

daz

Rebels targeting 10K members for 2014.

I don't know what the 2013 membership total was, but 10K members seems ambitious.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
JSRF10 - 3000 renewing members is a shocking figure - how good is your mail? God this game has slipped...

Status
Not open for further replies.