• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Membership Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Actually, Waratahs at 3475. Long way to go but surely this season numbers of 'regular' members will go along? I mean regular as not the poms that bought memvberships last year to get members seats for the Lions game!

T

TOCC

2a2yvehy.jpg

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Actually, Waratahs at 3475. Long way to go but surely this season numbers of 'regular' members will go along? I mean regular as not the poms that bought memvberships last year to get members seats for the Lions game!

A big increase in a couple of hours, the intern mustn't be able to use excel and is calculating using an abacus.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
front page of the Tahs website and if you click on the Membership tab on the QRU website. Havent been able to find anything for the other 3 clubs.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
front page of the Tahs website and if you click on the Membership tab on the QRU website. Havent been able to find anything for the other 3 clubs.

Ahh... hadn't noticed that before on the Tahs website. Nice addition. Hopefully the number starts rising a fair bit soon!

I'm assuming they must be up to calling all the 2012 (and previous years members) who haven't renewed yet.

I hope they call members from prior to 2012 that weren't members in 2012. They'd be absolutely crazy not to.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
The Rebels post it on the FB feed. About a week ago I saw it was over 1,000. I haven't seen anymore recent numbers (feel free to correct me Internet).

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Melbourne Rebels - The Official Fan Page

23 October

Membership has been on sale for one week and we have reached over 1,000 members! Congratulations to Foundation Member Eelco van den Bosch who was one of the first 1000 who renewed for 2014, and was randomly selected to win a RaboDirect Rebels team signed ball from the British & Irish Lions game!

With every 1000 Members who renew, we’ll pick a Member we’d like to rewar
d, so make sure you’re a Registered Rebel as we target 10,000!

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
yeah they got around 20,000 but many would have been members for Lions tickets as only 2 games got above 20,000. ( The Lions game was close to 45k from memory.
rebels Targeting 10k members
Reds tageting 50k!
Tahs targeting 20k
Brumbies are usually 10k
not sure about Force - would have thought their target would be around the 15k mark

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
QLD Reds at 12,278 - very strong number at this stage already.
Any idea re the Force and the Brumbies.

D

daz

Rebels are currently over 1500.

Hmm. I know it is early days but that number seems a bit low.

Does anyone know how many memberships the club needs to sell to be viable, i.e. pay the bills and not lose money?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member

Does anyone know how many memberships the club needs to sell to be viable, i.e. pay the bills and not lose money?

I'm sure that's a fairly guarded secret. I'm only throwing numbers out there but perhaps 5000?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)

It's a tricky bind. People support the club, but they're going to have to start winning consistently for the 50/50 supporters to stump up the cash. I do it because it's cheaper than paying for a ticket each time, but for the people who don't have the emotional investment then they're going to need to see some more bang for their buck.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Update from Rebels twitter feed. Seems like they are ahead for now. Signs are good. Not having JOC (James O'Connor) and KB (Kurtley Beale) on the books will free up heaps of cash, but would love to see more numbers there.

f9c953d79ab78a1e97eb3e31e0e08f3c_normal.jpeg
RaboDirect Rebels@MelbourneRebels
7m
@OztimmayTim: @MelbourneRebels how many members have signed up?” We are ahead of where we were last year... Stay tuned for more info!!

Status
Not open for further replies.