• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby News - New Zealand Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Dan Carter seems to be coming increasingly attractive to Team Rehab selectors. Will he even make this RWC?

Not overly concerned if he doesn't. Its not like we have seen him much since the last one. Or even in the last one.

Slade now working on his half back skills to make him indispensable to a world cup squad. Cruden's lack of depth at other positions may cost him if he does not have a blinder of a season and has a fully fit and firing Carter to deal with.

4 All Black 10's to choose from, not including bolters. An embaressment of riches.

Can't wait to see how Fekitoa goes. I hear he has calmed down a bit. Last season he was apparently gymming on rest days so wore himself out. Now managing himself a little better.

Going to be an interesting season. Moved to a town equidistant from Crusader country and Clan territory. You can support one or the other or both.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Moved to a farmlet on the outskirts of town in the middle of one of worst droughts in a long time. rivers a little low but caught some rippers.
Just have to find a club to coach at now as my new school is a soccer school, not enough players to field a regular team, so they go to the clubs. Going to have to change that. 20 years of yelling at small boys from the sidelines is a hard habit to break.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Moved to a town equidistant from Crusader country and Clan territory. You can support one or the other or both.

Not entirely unprecedented, the GOAT Himself having been born in Oamaru & educated at Otago Boys before realising that the promised land lies to the north of the Waitaki...........

As to your comment in the Rebels v Crusaders match thread, all I can say is that the GOAT moves in mysterious ways, his wonders to perform:)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not entirely unprecedented, the GOAT Himself having been born in Oamaru & educated at Otago Boys before realising that the promised land lies to the north of the Waitaki.....
How could one man misspell "Bombays" so badly......

the GOAT moves in mysterious ways,

have you tried watching the GOAT when a kick goes up? It is an absolute master class in running "inoffensive" running lines while managing to brilliantly get in everyone's bloody way. The innocuous angles, oops sorry didnt see you there, oops, dont mind me. Runniung interference, thats when his real cloak of invisibility is unfurled, and no prick sees it because theyre all watching the bloody ball hahaha

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^ best thing about the Bombays is that the airport's just up the road :)

EDIT: 2nd best thing is that, smog & prison riot fires permitting, you can see the Hunuas & even in Auckland traffic Warkworth & the resumption of civilisation are less than an hour away..............

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Yeah, born in Southland, educated in Canterbury and worked most of my life in Otago, so feel quite comfortable in going for both. Still, I have my favourite for the head to heads.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Crusaders 20-7 Highlanders just after oranges. Missed all but 90 sec of the 1st 40 so have no idea if that's a fair reflection but after last week, hell yeah I'll take it.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Crusaders 23-7. Don't appear to be doing anything that much different c.f. last week, just with a lot more urgency & accuracy.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Scott Barrett puts in a no-arm tackle that would've warmed the cockles of his old mans heart.....

.... Fekitoa scores, game back on at 23-14, geez I hope we don't fuck this up..........

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sopoaga misses a bullshit penalty that should've gone t'other way for Naholo holding on while Todd was (mostly) on his feet while playing at it. #justice.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Slade knocks over an easy 3, last coupla minutes & 26-17. Best Clan can hope for is a losing BP.

Penalty inside the CruSadists (TM) 22, Smith opts for the 3 to secure the BP, Sopoaga obliges, FT 26-20. Not pretty but a win's a win, eh.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ yeah, I don't wanna take anything away from the Rebels cos they were well worth their win but Jaysus we were awful. Chiefs will be another step up esp at Waikato Stadium but based on what I just saw I'm a lot more confident than this time last week...........

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
be interesting to see if ben franks gets cited for his little indiscretion in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.