• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby News - New Zealand Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Only saw first half, but quite happy with the highlanders. Just love the way they have a crack. Crusaders after a loss was always going to be big game, bigger than normal.
Didn't see what Hames got cited for, but BenOwen Franks could be in quite a bit of trouble. its not like he can claim it was an accident. He had a couple of goes.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ Vicki Veker for me, arrived home just in time for the try on half time & saw all of the 2nd 40 but don't recall thinking Hames had done anything untoward.

4th anniversary of the Canterbury Earthquake, memorial service at the Botanic Gardens gets underway soon.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
^^^^^^^ Vicki Veker for me, arrived home just in time for the try on half time & saw all of the 2nd 40 but don't recall thinking Hames had done anything untoward.

4th anniversary of the Canterbury Earthquake, memorial service at the Botanic Gardens gets underwaysoon.

I was on school camp at the time. Had to wait until I got the kids home the next day before I could head up to the family with a generator and some food supplies, then a busy couple of days digging liquifaction out of my brother's section. 4 years and the poor bastard still trying to get bloody AMI to pay out.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not entirely unprecedented, the GOAT Himself having been born in Oamaru & educated at Otago Boys before realising that the promised land lies to the north of the Waitaki.....

Gratuitous shot of The Promised Land as seen from the ISS & taken by some NASA bloke or other:

image.jpg

Top that, Mr @Dismal........

Training wheels version here:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/science/66556631/spectacular-photo-of-sunglint-over-new-zealand-from-orbit

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^^^ http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...ded-for-two-weeks-for-hit-against-highlanders

Dagg & Carter both looking doubtful for Saturday:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...-and-israel-dagg-will-play-against-the-chiefs

The way Slade's going at the moment we can probably afford to lose one, but both would be a big problem esp as we're gonna be under-strength in the forwards. Looking forward to the game, of course, but not convinced we can beat them in the 'tron this early in the season.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Teams for the match of the Round:

Crusaders: Tom Taylor, Robbie Fruean, Kieron Fonotia, Ryan Crotty, Johnny McNicholl, Colin Slade, Mitchell Drummond, Jordan Taufua, Matt Todd (c), Richie McCaw, Luke Romano, Scott Barrett, Nepo Laulala, Ben Funnell, Wyatt Crockett. Reserves: Codie Taylor, Joe Moody, Alex Hodgman, Jimmy Tupou, Luke Whitelock, Andy Ellis, Nathaniel Apa, Nafi Tuitavake.

Chiefs: Tom Marshall, Bryce Heem, Charlie Ngatai, Sonny Bill Williams, James Lowe, Aaron Cruden, Augustine Pulu, Liam Messam (c), Sam Cane, Mike Fitzgerald, Brodie Retallick, Matt Symons, Ben Tameifuna, Hika Elliot, Pauliasi Manu. Res: Quentin MacDonald, Siate Tokolahi, Mitchell Graham, Johan Bardoul, Sean Polwart, Brad Weber, Damian McKenzie, Seta Tamanivalu.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The games last night were OK but a bit KFC/ Red Rooster, tonight's will be the Sunday roast with all the trimmings. Chiefs now $1.50 v $2.45 favs on the kiwi TAB, might have to get dad-in-law to invest $50 on my behalf.

Getting all my around-the-house stuff out of the way early, stocking up with beer & snacks, sending wifey's Chiefs-fanatic whanau cheeky texts etc. Might even have time to keep an occasional eye on the cricket.........

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fitzgerald should be OK, not so sure about Ben T.........

This is taking waaaaaaaaay too long, get it over with. Penalty Crusaders, can't say I agree as where the fuck was Fitzgerald supposed to go? Copped a knee in the face for his troubles, too. If I were are Chiefs supporter I'd be a little pissed off.

Slade puts it over, 3-0.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Nice hair cut, Ben T.

What's that noise? All over the world, Cauliflower Club Fatties are spinning in their grave as one of their members goes all double digit wearing with their appearance. Shame. How could you?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Penalty Crusaders 10 out & just to their left of the posts, Slade should get this. Shit, I could probably get this. Luckily Slade is kicking it, 6-0 with 7 gone.

Oh dear, Crusaders player taken out in the air for real this time, Lowe could be in some trouble here. YC. Dumb play.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Blues for Lions:

15 Lolagi Visinia, 14 Frank Halai, 13 Charles Piutau, 12 Francis Saili, 11 Melani Nanai, 10 Ihaia West, 9 Jimmy Cowan, 8 Jerome Kaino, 7 Luke Braid, 6 Steven Luatua, 5 Patrick Tuipulotu, 4 Josh Bekhuis, 3 Charlie Faumuina, 2 Keven Mealamu, 1 Ofa Tu'ungafasi.
Replacements: 16 James Parsons, 17 Sam Prattley, 18 Angus Ta'avao, 19 Hayden Triggs, 20 Brendon O'Connor, 21 Jamison Gibson-Park, 22 Simon Hickey, 23 Hamish Northcott.

Chiefs for Highlanders:

15 Tom Marshall, 14 Hosea Gear, 13 Charlie Ngatai, 12 Sonny Bill Williams, 11 James Lowe, 10 Aaron Cruden, 9 Augustine Pulu, 8 Liam Messam/Maama Vaipulu, 7 Sam Cane, 6 , 5 Mike FitzGerald, 4 Matt Symons, 3 Ben Tameifuna, 2 Hika Elliot, 1 Pauliasi Manu.
Replacements: 16 Quentin MacDonald, 17 Siate Tokolahi, 18 Mitchell Graham, 19 Michael Allardice, 20 Maama Vaipulu/Michael Leitch, 21 Brad Weber, 22 Damian McKenzie, 23 Andrew Horrell.

Messam still not cleared of concussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.