• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby News - New Zealand Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ just between you & I, if he were say an Auck or a Sethfricken I'd have to count myself as a "they" given he seems to have the world's biggest universal joint where most blokes have a pelvis.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
lol Gwerty,a couple. Seriously though I not sure if he as good as some claim, or complete rubbish as some others claim. Surprises me All Blacks, Crusaders etc manage to win with such useless players in their ranks.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Its not really so surprising Dan. The movies Dodgeball was written about the All Blacks. They are a team full of Uncordinated idiots who have mail- order brides and pretend to be pirates, but somehow they manage to defeat a team that has the best athletes in Rugby, lead by a leader with incredible hair and Physique named Michael "White Goodman" Hooper and they even read the dictionary to break a mental sweat!!! But the globo Gym Purple Wallabies still somehow lose to the Average Joes.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah what a big fat loser Wyatt Crockett is. "He's doing it all wrong" says the internet.

ONE LOSS IN BLACK

Highest percentage of matches won

PlayerPosSpanMatStartSubWonLostDraw%
SJ Cane (NZ) F 2012-2014 22 11 11 21 0 1 97.72
WWV Crockett (NZ) P 2009-2014 36 21 15 34 1 1 95.83
AF Boric (NZ) L 2008-2011 24 7 17 23 1 0 95.83
S Williams (NZ) C 2010-2014 23 15 8 22 1 0 95.65
BJ Barrett (NZ) FB 2012-2014 28 7 21 26 1 1 94.64
AW Cruden (NZ) FH 2010-2014 37 23 14 34 1 2 94.59
BA Retallick (NZ) 2012-2014 36 27 9 33 1 2 94.44
BJ Franks (NZ) P 2010-2014 41 6 35 38 2 1 93.90
WJA Davies (Eng) FH 1913-1923 22 22 0 20 1 1 93.18
WT Shelford (NZ) N8 1986-1990 22 22 0 20 1 1

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Legendary Auckland Fullback, Colin Farrell also only lost one match in Black.

images

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Lol yep HJ and I was at Athletic park when Farrell played that one losing test;), and was down same end he dropped the first up and under in first couple of minutes of play. I also knew at that moment, I was seeing him play his only test!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ yeah it was at Lancaster Park where Farrell played himself out've the AB for fuckin' ever in front of 50,000 fair-minded Cantabs :), many people having given him the benefit of the doubt for his less than stellar debut that @Dan attended at the wind tunnel.

IIRC there were even those who compared his plight to that of Fergie McCormick in '71, the difference of course being that whereas the Ferg got made to look average by one of the great fly halves in Barry John Farrell got shown up by Phil Bennett & his tubby ginga mate Fenwick.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Mate the day he played at Athletic Park, was surely the end, like you say he may of played other tests before he got tossed, but he really signed his 'death warrant' that day. Wasn't that bad for Athletic Park as I remember, may of been a breeze, but nothing I would expect any competent fullback to handle:p

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A few casualties this week:

Piutau's injury is to the same knee as last year: that kept him out for 8 weeks, gotta assume a minimum of 6 this time. Glad I missed Kaino's, I have personal knowledge of what a dislocated compound fractured finger feels like & it ain't pleasant (until the synthetic morphine kicks in, then it's all goooooood, maaaan :))

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...e-kaino-and-charles-piutau-for-rest-of-season

Piutau we can replace easily enough, Kaino not so much.

Really worried about this, it's like 2011 all over again but pre- rather than in-tournament:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...nxious-wait-as-beauden-barrett-goes-for-scans

James Lowe's 3rd YC for the year earned him a date with the judiciary but turns out his 2nd was pretty much rescinded post-match so all is well:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...-no-further-sanction-after-fronting-judiciary

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Barrett gone for 4 weeks , guess we will see how Marshall and Black go woth pressure on them. he won't be back unti after the Canes play the Chiefs!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Naa calm as WOB. I don't see any probs, Canes can afford to drop a game or 2 anyway, Barrett was going to miss at least one of these games regardless, and the bottom line is you win or lose with who you can put on the field.
I suspect they are a bit more than a one man team, though we may see a few more (C. Smith, TJP ) rested this week anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.