• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby News - New Zealand Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^^^^^ just trying to wind you up, gonna need bigger bait by the look of it :) I reckon Boyd should rest all his AB for the last round-robin match, give 'em all an extra week to rest up for their semi-final.....)

C'mon WOB, I could see the wind up, but you should know by now us Canes men are to calm and measured to raise to baits. We have had too many years of practice!! I agree about maybe resting ABs this week up to a point, though I do tend to think Boyd may want to keep a reasonably strong team with it being a home game (keep fans happy). Still he has to rest Savea, Smith and TJP sometime. Think Nonu has already had 2 games off at beginning of year, and Thrush has.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Looks like a nice evening for footy in Wellywood, 15deg & clear skies according to MetService. Hopefully even more bandwagon-jumpers Rock up than last home game & we don't see so many of those baby-kak yellow empty seats.......

C'mon WOB, I could see the wind up, but you should know by now us Canes men are to calm and measured to raise to baits. We have had too many years of practice!! I agree about maybe resting ABs this week up to a point, though I do tend to think Boyd may want to keep a reasonably strong team with it being a home game (keep fans happy). Still he has to rest Savea, Smith and TJP sometime. Think Nonu has already had 2 games off at beginning of year, and Thrush has.

In the increasingly likely event your blokes finish top of the table, are you planning on attending the home semi and/ or final? Given my lot are well & truly out've the running it goes without saying I want another kiwi side to win it & it may as well be your guys.....................

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hurricanes scrappy victory over Shorks. Still only one loss and sitting on top of the Table.

Not a very big crowd. They better sell the Cake Tin out for their home Semi-Final.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I was saying to wife may need to go over if Canes make final, maybe a bit of problem as I head over to NZ for a brother's 70th in June.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^ That's quite the dilemma you got there @Dan. I reckon you need to be talking to your bro about re-scheduling his 70th to the night before the GF & shouting him a ticket to the game. Win-win, yeah?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep WOB, maybe if I came from a smaller family I could do a bit rearranging. But heaps going to party (actually his son calling it his wake while he's still alive), but as a few nephews etc are going from Aus, and I got 12 sisters, and another 4 brothers most who have made plans to be there, it would probably cost me too much in tickets to get them all to finals!!!

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
Crusaders are still only longs shots at making the playoffs, but that was a great weekend for them.

5 points, plus brumbies, 'tahs and highlanders all dropping games against weaker teams.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^ too little, too late. Maybe if we'd been playing like that 4 - 6 weeks ago we'd still be in contention but we weren't therefore we're not.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Crusaders are still only longs shots at making the playoffs, but that was a great weekend for them.

5 points, plus brumbies, 'tahs and highlanders all dropping games against weaker teams.

Except they probably won't win another game..

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
^^^^^^^^ too little, too late. Maybe if we'd been playing like that 4 - 6 weeks ago we'd still be in contention but we weren't therefore we're not.

If we put an eight game winning streak together the title is ours! Was easy to type, so the lads shouldn't have a problem.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
stuff.co.nz match report says only 9,000-odd at the 'canes v Sharks. Presumably they're still pretending that every season-ticket holder actually turns up so all in all that's a pretty crap turnout. Hate to think what the numbers would be if they weren't top of the table...........

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Pretty confident we'll beat the blues, 2 wins from the remaining 4 is how I think we will end up, so 2 short.

Well, it is at Eden Park. Which is the only place on this planet where the monkeys actually get their stuff together and play like a rugby team. So you'll at least have to work for it.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Prince Harry watched the 'canes game & afterwards was given a onesie to take home for his niece:

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.