• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rd 5, - Reds v Jaguares - 18/3 - 7.40am Buenos Aires

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Reds going long on the line out, showing confidence in BPA’s throwing, and it sets a strong attacking platform if it works but it’s just not coming off at the moment

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Daugunu's confidence (and execution) is coming on in leaps and bounds

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
God it's good to see reds sides play with hunger again

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
"Behind the last feet" must not translate well into Spanish...

This Reds team is so good across so many aspects of the game, if the backs could just gel in attack and hold onto the ball they'd be one of the top teams in the comp IMO.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Gee, the Reds are playing some good footy. The little things are letting them down a bit - pushed passes / passes behind the man - but they are creating a lot of chances and half chances. Good to watch.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
A small improvement in support play will pay dividends for the reds, their trajectory this season is looking great

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Korczyk is playing a different kind of 7 than we are used to in Aus. More of a second 6. I don't think it is just because he is not as mobile as, say Hooper. It looks coached/intentional. More backbone in the pack.

T

TOCC

And again this TMO business is killing the game

Great defence from the Reds on their own line

Reactions: dru

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Nervous bit of play there but excellent maul defence from the reds.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Not watching this live, will watch the replay tonight.

But it sounds as though the Reds are getting the basics right. Starting at the beginning and building good foundations is always a good approach when building a team of any kind, sporting or otherwise.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
The Reds in the past few seasons probably would have given in and conceded a try in that sort of passage of play. Great maul defence and effort after the bell.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Not watching this live, will watch the replay tonight.

But it sounds as though the Reds are getting the basics right. Starting at the beginning and building good foundations is always a good approach when building a team of any kind, sporting or otherwise.
And thumping the fuck out of anything in an opposition jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.