• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rd 5, - Reds v Jaguares - 18/3 - 7.40am Buenos Aires

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

I think L.Tui will be on the next plane to South Africa in case Douglas gets banned

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Reds really under pressure now, saved only by repeated poor handling by the Jags. Something has to give eventually.

T

TOCC

Reds lucky there... again this TMO business is painful as hell, that was a try for the Jaguares

T

TOCC

Failure to find touch, rookie reds mistake

Edit: that somehow paid dividends

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Horror kick from Stewart but it ends up being advantageous for the Reds. I expect Stewart is very nervous wouldn't normally see that from him at NRC or club level.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
I think that try fell victim to the old "clear and obvious" clause. If it had been onfield decision try, it would have been a try. When onfield is no try, the video refs sometimes seem to lose their nerve.

I understand why they took out the "try or no try" call but sometimes it leads to results like this.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Horror kick from Stewart but it ends up being advantageous for the Reds. I expect Stewart is very nervous wouldn't normally see that from him at NRC or club level.
It does look mostly like nerves effecting his game, doesn't it. Makes this a good game for him to get proper time at 10, the jaguares have been diabolical this half so he can learn from these mistakes without too much risk.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Yep and it’s expected and understable of a bloke his age, 2018 is his apprenticeship to learn from Lance with the occasional OJT. But it would be unfair and unrealistic to expect him to start and run the backline for a full 80 with the composure Lance has

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Spot on, it just comes back to a classic example of dealing with the step up in speed and physicality. Hopefully he takes it in his stride.

Status
Not open for further replies.