• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rd 6 Stormers vs Reds Sun 25th 2.15 AEDST

Status
Not open for further replies.

glass half full

Sydney Middleton (9)
Good to see Thorn mixing things up a bit. These guys will have to be shagged by the road trip from hell but I’m sure Thorn will have all 23 motivated to leave nothing on the field.

Set play dominance, keeping things tight and an astute kicking game will be the key to an unlikely Reds win- stating the obvious I guess.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Good to see Thorn mixing things up a bit. These guys will have to be shagged by the road trip from hell but I’m sure Thorn will have all 23 motivated to leave nothing on the field.

Set play dominance, keeping things tight and an astute kicking game will be the key to an unlikely Reds win- stating the obvious I guess.

I think this is one of the few times starting Ben Lucas is going to be an advantage over Tuttle. The key to winning this game will be controlling the game. Nothing rash, nothing ill-considered, slow the game down, keep the ball kick for territory don't leave their 22 unless it's with points. While Lucas didn't really show it last week he's gotta use all of his 10 years of professional Rugby experience. All those cheeky veteran things they do... oh my calf is cramping gotta stop the game, oh I accidentally threw the ball away after the whistle, oh the scrum went down before I could put the ball in.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Mafi starting for BPA looks like a good tactical switch to keep the scrum at 100% for its toughest test yet against the Stormers. Mafi should be fresh having not played yet this tour and BPA may well be a little wearied after having a few enormous games.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Mafi starting for BPA looks like a good tactical switch to keep the scrum at 100% for its toughest test yet against the Stormers. Mafi should be fresh having not played yet this tour and BPA may well be a little wearied after having a few enormous games.

My only concern is Mafi isn't the best lineout thrower, but when you are throwing to Rodda you don't exactly need to be brilliant.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Thorn alluded to the rotation last week suggesting he was particularly keen to manage the workload of his young players.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Tuttle has played some big minutes and after the last week of travel I'm not surprised if he's being rested. He's a pretty busy scrum half and they cover a lot of metres at 9 as it is.

I really like Higgers having to come back in through the bench. No free rides in this team no matter who you are. Not only does it make it clear that you absolutely need to earn your spot but it also tells the younguns like ASY (Angus Scott-Young) that Thorn believes in their ability which is important for young players.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
My head still thinks the away wins will be a difficult ask for this team, but last week has seriously made me think twice.

The stormers at home is going to be one tough ask, but gees I hope the reds can keep this defence thing strong.

Keep it going, reds.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Hard game to win particularly with the travel.

Congrats to Slipper for his 100th.

Lucas at half will be interesting and looking forward to Higgers' impact off the bench.

A win would seal the game for him.

Go the Reds.

Reds by 5

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)

I watch things like this and it flaws me that they picked Higgers to be captain for the Reds instead of Slipper. But I'm really happy for Slipper to have the (C) next to his name for his 100th. Such a servant of Queensland Rugby.

Let's give him a fairy tail boys!

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Higgers coming on fresh with 20 minutes to go - me oh my I will enjoy that yes boy. Hopefully he'll be a busy lil' seagull and run down those tramlines for a couple busts.

Hopefully they wait until 9 minutes to go, we need 15 on the field for the full 80

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Heh I love these sour Saffa commentators and their use of the big screen. Good hit by Thor to get the Stormers lock into touch, nothing sinister in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.