• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 1 2020: Brumbies v Reds

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
These scrum penalties shit me even though it went our way. There was no one at fault there yet the Reds got three points out of it.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
These scrum penalties shit me even though it went our way. There was no one at fault there yet the Reds got three points out of it.

Sio clearly folded in and went down, thats a clear penalty, especially after a reset

pnut

Watty Friend (18)
Pace and skill from both sides looking very ordinary. Can’t say either team look that fit.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Lucas is having no problem in D and in unexpected traffic.

Doing great isn’t he, concedes a meter or two but bringing them down nicely, it’s also slowing their ball targetting him because Wright is on top of them a second later

Reactions: dru

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Brumbies set-piece struggling a bit, I think thats really disrupted their game plan considering thats a key component of their game plan.

Reds took a while to build into the game, but seem to have found some nice rhythm now thanks to the forwards winning the set-piece.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Doing great isn’t he, concedes a meter or two but bringing them down nicely, it’s also slowing their ball targetting him because Wright is on top of them a second later

Also JOC (James O'Connor) beside him.

Pathetic opening stanza but my god they came back. Got to feel for Mafi, expecting to be a finisher and suddenly running pretty much a full game in 40 ndegrees with plenty of scrums and line out throws (which have been good). Go Mafi.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Brumbies set-piece struggling a bit, I think thats really disrupted their game plan considering thats a key component of their game plan.

Reds took a while to build into the game, but seem to have found some nice rhythm now thanks to the forwards winning the set-piece.

Because we are disrupting their line out and they cant hold our scrum. It is good work Reds.