• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby: Round 1. Rebels vs Brumbies - 23 Feb AAMI

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Saw that live and he's very lucky not to have had video evidence. Came in at 90 degrees to the ruck and smashed a bloke in the ribs. Foul play from the outset.
forgive me Tex but is that not just a penalty? Or did he not wrap/shoulder charge?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Saw that live and he's very lucky not to have had video evidence. Came in at 90 degrees to the ruck and smashed a bloke in the ribs. Foul play from the outset.
Feels like there's a few players every year to get away with something in the trials that would otherwise see them on the sidelines for an extended stint. Hopefully the close call is enough of a kick up the backside for him to get his discipline in check, he has been building up a bit of a reputation recently.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Pretty keen for Friday. Will make the most of the members' bar while I can, doing my utmost to help underwrite catering and stadium costs. If we're all in it together then the least I can do is drink 8 pints.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I'm actually cursing my nephew, his turning 18 on Friday and having his party that night. Can't really get out of that one for a rugby game. Will be watching on my phone. Pretty sure it's the first time I have missed the first home game of the season.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Gibbon, Uelese, Talakai, Canham, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Kemeny, Wilkin, Leota
Maunder, C Gordon, G. Vaihu, Feluai, Dauganu, Anderson, Kellaway
RES: Mafi, IAK, Tupou, Tualima, Ekuasi, Tuttle, Strachan, Jooste

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
James Slipper
Lachlan Lonergan
Rhys Van Nek
Nick Frost
Tom Hooper
Rob Valetini
Luke Reimer
Charlie Cale
Ryan Lonergan (C)
Noah Lolesio
Andy Muirhead (VC)
Ollie Sapsford
Len Ikitau
Corey Toole
Tom Wright

Replacements

Billy Pollard
Blake Schoupp
Sefo Kautai
Cadeyrn Neville
Jahrome Brown
Klayton Thorn
Declan Meredith
Tamati Tua

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Hope Ikitau comes out breathing fire after his RWC snub. That Brumbies backline has class all throughout it. Despite losses Brumbies can put out a very Wallabies XV. Nervous for the Rebels.

Where's Proctor? Daugunu in centres unlike trials.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Two great squads, nearly full strength.

Brumbies by 12 but fuck me, if the good guys get up I can't be held responsible for the ensuing yahooing.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Didn't realsie Tom Hooper can play lock? Cool.
Both teams look strong. Will be a good match

As above, that’s where he started out and had been playing in the trials due to injuries…

From memory his debut was a pretty impressive performance off the bench against the Crusaders in ChCh… had a memorable lineout steal near the ‘Saders line the Kiwi ref ruled as jumping across, which the replay showed was a laughable decision.

But he was also a lot bigger when he came to the Brumbies, and I think they still list his weight as being 120kg+ which he’s not where near.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Rebels at $3+ odds. About right me thinks.

The pressure of being told club's future literally relies on your success will be too much for them.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
As above, that’s where he started out and had been playing in the trials due to injuries…

From memory his debut was a pretty impressive performance off the bench against the Crusaders in ChCh… had a memorable lineout steal near the ‘Saders line the Kiwi ref ruled as jumping across, which the replay showed was a laughable decision.

But he was also a lot bigger when he came to the Brumbies, and I think they still list his weight as being 120kg+ which he’s not where near.
Saw him up close during the Drua trial, and I would definitely say he is in the vicinity of 120kg.