• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round 3, 2018 - Sharks vs Waratahs @ Durban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Tahs side

1. Tom Robertson

2. Damien Fitzpatrick

3. Paddy Ryan

How have we been left with such a shite front row at the start of a season? Okay, Kepu is gone. But man, Paddy Ryan has been average for an eternity and Robertson for at least a full season now.

You can't compete for a Super Rugby title with that front row. Even as a bench front row. Simples.

Edit: also, fuck Kellaway off. Newsome to start, Naiyaravoro on the bench for impact.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
How have we been left with such a shite front row at the start of a season? Okay, Kepu is gone. But man, Paddy Ryan has been average for an eternity and Robertson for at least a full season now.

You can't compete for a Super Rugby title with that front row. Even as a bench front row. Simples.

Edit: also, fuck Kellaway off. Newsome to start, Naiyaravoro on the bench for impact.

Sounds like you miss Angus Ta'avao? ;)

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Your concerns, like mine, could probably be solved by putting Ryan on a slow train to Oodnadatta.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I can't fathom this paper discussion either. Sharks in Round 1 were dealing with the new rules and had the same problems as everyone else. Their front row match everything in SA in the Currie Cup and the main criticism was too much focus in the forwards.
The problem is not the Sharks pack as a whole. The only problem is Thomas du Toit at TH. He was disastrous there but he's being shoved there at the behest of the Boks so he is learning on the job.

Replace him with a real TH and things get better for the Sharks immediately.

Reactions: dru
T

TOCC

Tahs could struggle at set-piece.. should have some fantastic mobility around the ground though

JT0406

Allen Oxlade (6)
Surely signing the old bull TPN for one season would have helped the current dilemma in the front row... but no super rugby team wanted a bar of him apparently!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Surely signing the old bull TPN for one season would have helped the current dilemma in the front row. but no super rugby team wanted a bar of him apparently!
He didn't want to stay at the Tahs anyway. He's stated repeatedly that he wished he left earlier to give other hookers the chance to develop.

Plus he's earning well deserved cashola in Europe.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Surely signing the old bull TPN for one season would have helped the current dilemma in the front row. but no super rugby team wanted a bar of him apparently!
No team had the space particularly for someone requiring a higher salary than the hookers they already had signed.

Suggesting he was unwanted is pretty inaccurate.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Meh, nothings changed. 14 was surrounded by 4 tahs and he still managed to nearly beat all of them and make about 5 metres.

Still can't tackle.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Meh, nothings changed. 14 was surrounded by 4 tahs and he still managed to nearly beat all of them and make about 5 metres.

Still can't tackle.

Kurtley can! He just made two superb tackles on the line to hold them out, and that was after two great cover tackles in the passage before.

Was impressed last week with his defence as well.

Kurtley Mk II.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
We have a mobile (small) pack of forwards that can't forward. Can't run the ball, can't secure the ball, can't scrum.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
For such a lightweight pack we aren’t getting to the breakdown quick enough either, sharks are popping the ball off the deck to support runners left right and centre

Status
Not open for further replies.