• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round 3, 2018 - Sharks vs Waratahs @ Durban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
For such a lightweight pack we aren’t getting to the breakdown quick enough either, sharks are popping the ball off the deck to support runners left right and centre
They are so often running it up without someone on their hip. Under 12s stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Fuck me i can't another professional game of rugby that involves Wells.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Yeah Simmons was the issue for the scrum last week. Ludicrousness. He may do daft things but the boy knows how to push with his head in a dark place.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Fuck me i can't another professional game of rugby that involves Wells.

Indeed, if he is the answer, then they are question was clearly nothing to do with a backrower with impact at super level.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Can't fucken believe we didn't lose that. Sharks were absolutely robbed.

Our pack has gone from beast mode (Palu, Skelton, Potgeiter,) to DELETED (Wells, WELLS?). They didn't make the gain line once. Not once. Demolished in the scrum. failed to secure our own ball, i'm guessing, five times? It's like playing with two sets of backs.

On the plus side, we do have Michael 'literally has to do every fucking thing that there is to be done in a game of rugby because he has no team mates' Hooper. And that new half back looks nippy.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
But the tahs would be very happy with 2 ponts there. Can't complain that's for sure

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
These simple turnovers are destroying the Tahs momentum - hold the phucken pill!!

Their skills dropped as they ran out of puff in the second half, the reserves appeared to add some better efforts.

What was nice was that they kept at it

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
We have a mobile (small) pack of forwards that can't forward. Can't run the ball, can't secure the ball, can't scrum.

The mantra of Gibson:- Light mobile pack. Said it before it doesn't work. We needed to recruit enforcers but Gibson doesn't believe in them.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Tahs have been lucky so far. The Stormers blew it last week when a draw was on the cards. A draw this week despite the Tahs playing poorly. We can't rely on Hooper to save us every week.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Can't fucken believe we didn't lose that. Sharks were absolutely robbed.

Our pack has gone from beast mode (Palu, Skelton, Potgeiter,) to DELETED (Wells, WELLS?). They didn't make the gain line once. Not once. Demolished in the scrum. failed to secure our own ball, i'm guessing, five times? It's like playing with two sets of backs.

On the plus side, we do have Michael 'literally has to do every fucking thing that there is to be done in a game of rugby because he has no team mates' Hooper. And that new half back looks nippy.
One of the other moderators made it clear there will be zero tolerance for using derogatory terms for players, and I cannot imagine how the word you used was not offensive on several levels.
No more.

T

TOCC

forward pack went as well as expected at the set piece...

But what shouldn't have occurred given the 'mobility' of the forward pack were the two sharks tries scored by backs that came off the edge of the ruck.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
forward pack went as well as expected at the set piece.

But what shouldn't have occurred given the 'mobility' of the forward pack were the two sharks tries scored by backs that came off the edge of the ruck.
Yep, I think the mobility theory was exposed. We need Kepu, Simmons and Latu ( if he gets his head together) or it'll be a long road ahead. Finishers popped their front row in that last attacking scrum which was pleasing. Handling from both sides was poor, so neither side could build pressure. Pretty much all the tries were opportunistic long range tries Positives are that boys never gave up, and a draw on the road better than a loss. I can't see where the Sharks got robbed, they just couldn't close it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I'll take a draw after that performance every time. WTF is it about professional rugby players: is catching a ball roughly in their vicinity so bloody difficult?

The scrum was a bit meh all game. Surprisingly, we held our own on Sharks' feeds late in the game with our bench on, but, got monstered on our put-in. Que? This lack of grunt on the pig-pen will cost us dearly later this year.

Peyper, a crap performance as usual. Always refs one side only, first five penalties to the Sharks surely laid down a marker. And reversed a scrum feed 'cause the "Tahs weren't taking the weight". WTF? How 'bout the Sharks aren't supposed to push until the ball's been fed! Jaco'd have to be about the ugliest ref to watch whistle a game, and I'm not referring to his physical features.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
My limited understanding of the mechanics of the scrummage is that on one's own feed, some of the grunt is lost because of the necessity of striking for the pill. Whereas on the opponent's feed, it can be the old eight man shove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom