• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round 3 - Sunwolves v Rebels @Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Very happy with the game and the result. ONce again, Genia was in charge and kept everyone in the game - great strategies emerging - well done to the boys and coaches. Maddox played well, Debra improving with every game, English back to his old awesome ness, Uelese what a great game for a youngster - and so many more good moments

D

daz

Have to be happy with that. An away win by another big margin, and another bonus point.

Starting to get into rarified air/uncharted territory for long term Rebels supporters!

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
3:15pm Melbourne time
#&!*@. I wish I had read this thread this afternoon. The unpaid intern who did the magnetic fixture with the rebels membership pack put down 8pm tonight for game time v Sunwolves. Just sitting down for the pregame and I find out I missed it. &#*@!

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
The Rebels are on a whole different level than when they were beaten by the Tahs in the trial at Manly (granted some stars were out). You know you’ve got some serious fire power when you have guys like Meakes and Ruru coming on as subs. Really hoping that they can give some grief to the kiwi sides.

Reactions: daz
D

daz

The Rebels are on a whole different level than when they were beaten by the Tahs/////Really hoping that they can give some grief to the kiwi sides.

Let’s hope all our teams can! The RWC clock is ticking.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I’m happy because they look like a team, a happy team and in patches playing really good rugby. Still lots to work on, a bit frenetic in parts, not clinical enough and two weeks in a row no tries in the last quarter (last 30 today). Plenty still to motivate them in training. Genia, Coleman, Mafi, Philip, DHP best for me. JD looking much more composed and Maddocks took his chances well.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Still more to work on: miracle ball stuff especially. But everything seems to be coming together.

One week at a time stuff, but continuing to build: particularly with an eye on the Canes game before the first bye is so important, and while we have depth to burn: not losing many, if any, is important as well.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
It's amazing what Colman,dhp, rangi, Gus, philip have done to help the rebels turn into a better side. And wessles. I think it would of been the same the other way around but better because the force had a better culture and a few better stablemen.
Dhp made maddocks look really good but props to Maddocks because he knows how to finish well and that's his job.

Genia is still the biggest difference though. The rebels now have 2 half backs that are better then zacker.
The sunwolves lifted a bunch at the 60min mark and I don't think it was yeh subs. More the sunwolves lifting.

They are only going to get better. Some.really good firepower on the bench with RHP, meakes and ruru

Give them some time and it's going to be interesting to watch.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Let’s hope all our teams can! The RWC clock is ticking.
Yep rebels improved on last week with players like jack d and Maddocks showing the future looks bright.

Still some further improvement needed to be one of the top teams but heading in the right direction.

Sunwolves with lineout and injury woes still much more enjoyable and competitive team to watch in time friendly zone for home games and Asia factor also makes for more interesting viewing then home games against South Africa played while i am sleeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glass half full

Sydney Middleton (9)
Haven’t seen the game but expected Sunwolves to do a bit better. Well done to the Rebels, second bonus point win in a row.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
#&!*@. I wish I had read this thread this afternoon. The unpaid intern who did the magnetic fixture with the rebels membership pack put down 8pm tonight for game time v Sunwolves. Just sitting down for the pregame and I find out I missed it. &#*@!
Yep, the match was originally scheduled for 8:00pm in Singapore.

You could consider yourself lucky. You could have bought flights to watch the game in Singapore (like some of our members did :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.