• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round Three: Rebels v Cheetahs, Friday 28 Feb, AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Lost out on 10 points through the half. Although the cheetahs are without 6, so I can't really complain.

Bonus point win, CARN REBS!!!

Loving Defence so far tho.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Fowi

Chris McKivat (8)
The Rebels look really impressive so far! Great defense, they have made a number of turnovers so far. Jones has been magnificent! And Higginbotham has really led from the front! In the backs Burgess has the run the team and Inman has also been very good. Hegarty looks pretty stationary and whenever Ellison recieves the ball he is having to reach behind him. If the rebs sort that out he will be a very good buy.

Great first hallf, brilliant defense and fantastic endeavour in attack!

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
McMahon's selection totally justified! Good call from the coach.

If someone could kick straight the Rebels would be out of sight by now. As it is, the Cheetahs are good enough to pull this back. It'll be a long tense wait before the fat lady gets up.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The Cheetahs will come out firing in the second half. They look like they have been asleep so far. Drotske will tear them a new one at half time.

Would like to see the Rebels line flatten up a bit and Burgess clear the ball a bit quicker, but they are looking good so far.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The Cheetahs will come out firing in the second half. They look like they have been asleep so far. Drotske will tear them a new one at half time.

Would like to see the Rebels line flatten up a bit and Burgess clear the ball a bit quicker, but they are looking good so far.
Burgess laying an egg at times, but apart from a couple of passes, the pass has been pretty good. He adds a lot of dynamism.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
We won't get a chance to see this in the second half but I was hugely impressed by Laurie Weeks's scrummaging. I spotted him playing 2nds Colts about 6 years ago and started telling people he would play 50 Tests. He was on track for this before he elected to take Harold Mitchell's money and switched to Melbourne from the Reds. A side issue was his insistence on being able to play for Sydney Uni in club rugby which Ewen McKenzie would not agree to.

With the Rebels he was cast as back-up to Greg Somerville and didn't seem to overly push himself. Very early days, but on the basis of this first performance he seems ready to finally achieve his potential. Great body height, packing very deep under the new Laws, and looks fit. Worth keeping in mind.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Surely that was a truck and trailer. They detached from the maul and the front player didn't have the ball when they hit a defender.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Burgess laying an egg at times, but apart from a couple of passes, the pass has been pretty good. He adds a lot of dynamism.
Oh that's right, I forgot about his pass. We tend to focus on Phipps for that these days.

Burgess' kicking has been as good as I have seen also. A few nice box kicks and that grubbed to the corner was great as well.

Fowi

Chris McKivat (8)
that is the most ridiculous yellow card ever!!! How can the Cheetahs player bind illegally take a Rebels player out of play and then the rebels player gets sin binned for trying to get away????

Poor reffing!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
It was the first punch that did him in, looked like it may have come close to the Cheetahs' head.

Rebels need to stay patient, they are dominating possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.