• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Television Ratings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think the Reds in 2011 captured the imagination of the general sports fan a little more than the Waratahs did this year. The Waratahs have been great to watch, no doubt, but they don't play with the same flair that the Reds did at that time and haven't created as much buzz. That final was the Reds flair vs SBW's Crusaders. I'm not surprised the ratings are lower.

T

TOCC

From Phil Rothfield in The Daily Telegraph:

HIGHLIGHT

Back to the real footy and no more Super Rugby this year.
LOWLIGHT II
An entire season of the Super Rugby competition coming down to a penalty goal shootout in the last three minutes of play.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...th-buzz-from-9am/story-fni3fh9n-1227012063252

The parochialism of rugby league journalists in Sydney is incredible, its ironic i actually support the Rabbitohs and for the most part enjoy following the NRL but comments like these just annoy me and make me reconsider whether i want to support the code.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Rothfield has written nothing but garbage for the majority of his career. If I see a story has his name on it, I don't bother reading it.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Soooooo NRL crowds are bad due to FTA scheduling...

TV deals pay for NRL but they shouldn't get a say in HOW it is scheduled.

And crowd attendance is all down to this, and not that league is a lukewarm, watered down version of the real game and played in dank little suburban parks with the same over priced aspirations in terms of catering

But Super Rugby isn't on FTA, so how does that affect anything to do with this discussion? Well beside the fact that Super Rugby crowds are up for the Waratahs at least.

What an unmitigated cock.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
What a spiteful little cnut. I know a lot of the mungos don't like him but comments like that are borne from fear. The league crowds this weekend were one of the worst in years and I enjoy that fact immensely. 7k in Canberra for a nice sunny day game. Suck my balls you filthy mungo.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
From Phil Rothfield in The Daily Telegraph:

The parochialism of rugby league journalists in Sydney is incredible, its ironic i actually support the Rabbitohs and for the most part enjoy following the NRL but comments like these just annoy me and make me reconsider whether i want to support the code.

I love how the guy opens an article by saying forget low crowds then spends the entirety of the article talking about low crowds.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
And in the comments afterwards, one poster talks about the game just being repetitive, TO WHICH ROTHFIELD AGREES!

Ugh. Must. Leave. Alone

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
I nearly spat out my corn flakes with Rothfield said the Wallabies 'thrilling' draw was highlight 2 of the weekend. Must have been rapped over the knuckles for being a petulant code warrior in previous weeks.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Interesting that 50k more watched the post game, than the actual game!

I'm assuming this has something to do with it counting average audiences and the post match only being a short period of time, more people stayed tuning in.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I'm assuming this has something to do with it counting average audiences and the post match only being a short period of time, more people stayed tuning in.

Plus there would be viewers, like me, who prefer to watch TEN, but who are willing to watch the post-game show on Fox.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Plus there would be viewers, like me, who prefer to watch TEN, but who are willing to watch the post-game show on Fox.

I'm guessing you don't have HD? But even then I can't see how their coverage is even close to being as good as Fox's.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
The interesting thing is that the SR15 final was around 350k watchers on Fox - and they have a monopoly on that.

It seems to suggest, when available on FTA, rugby viewers are turning off fox and watching FTA for rugby. I wonder if Fox will think about that and specifically the awful pre and post match coverage with the same drivel that is rehashed from the rugby club etc all the time.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
I nearly spat out my corn flakes with Rothfield said the Wallabies 'thrilling' draw was highlight 2 of the weekend. Must have been rapped over the knuckles for being a petulant code warrior in previous weeks.

Where did you see that? I just had a gander at his articles and couldn't find any mention of the game. I really shouldn't be giving him the clicks, but that would be a genuinely interesting thing to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.