• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tahboy

Randwick beat Gordon 38 to 25 in 1st colts
Randwick were red hot first 20 minutes and led 22 to 3
Then the Ref decided it was his time to get involved
Gordon tried hard and kept coming but Randwivvk had Gordon's measure
Looks like it manly v randwick next week

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Randwick beat Gordon 38 to 25 in 1st colts
Randwick were red hot first 20 minutes and led 22 to 3
Then the Ref decided it was his time to get involved
Gordon tried hard and kept coming but Randwivvk had Gordon's measure
Looks like it manly v randwick next week

I think Manly play trhe winner of the 6v7 game - eastwood or warringah

G

G-78-XV-V

trying to find a thread for the SJRU as their finals started yesterday anyone any help ??

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
There is a thread on this forum that a Qld U19 team could be picked. Anyone know of any possible NSW v Qld game at U 19 level later this year? Anyone game to suggest a team for NSW

A

actionman

IMO no other hooker has outplayed the west harbour 1st hooker. any word on him and his history?

My spies tell me Adrian Haagana has played 3 games for uni colts and will play 3rds v Randwick on Saturday. Lets just say with 3 years in toyota cup and 2 charity shield games for souths and one NRL game- i think he is a better than that!!! Well done again UNI- great development- How did syd rugby comp manager let him play!!!

SteveMerrick

Allen Oxlade (6)
My spies tell me Adrian Haagana has played 3 games for uni colts and will play 3rds v Randwick on Saturday. Lets just say with 3 years in toyota cup and 2 charity shield games for souths and one NRL game- i think he is a better than that!!! Well done again UNI- great development- How did syd rugby comp manager let him play!!!

I dont have a problem - he left Souths under a cloud and joined Uni, he is eligible for colts but should he be rushed into the 1st Colts side based on reputation - looks like he wants a game of footy and Uni are providing him with one. Imagine if he had gone straight into 1's the howls of indignation about Uni bringing in another import - he has gone to the back of the queue and if a spot opens up I am sure he would love to play higher...

Sure he could play elsewhere but I suspect he is playing with some mates at Uni for the rest of the season more than anything else...

blindside

Stan Wickham (3)

blindside

Stan Wickham (3)
Colts 3
1. Tim Bartimote
2. Duncan Yates
3. Filia Talanoa
4. Bilal Elbatoory
5. Byron Wicken
6. Kyle D'Adam
7. Ethan Thomas
8. George Hudd
9. Murray Strachan
10. Harry L'Estrange
11. Mesake Tagituimua
12. Adrian Hangaana
13. Jason Date
14. Nick Burden
Tianua Poto

Spot on Skimmer. No SteveMerrick there is an issue with the rule being to be eligible a player must play 4 comp games through the season. Clearly he hasn't. Case closed. If he wants a game of footy go play subbies or they probably have the same rules so unfortunately wait till next year where he will prob play first grade for them. Again a laughable decision from a laughable organisation.

SteveMerrick

Allen Oxlade (6)
Colts 3
1. Tim Bartimote
2. Duncan Yates
3. Filia Talanoa
4. Bilal Elbatoory
5. Byron Wicken
6. Kyle D'Adam
7. Ethan Thomas
8. George Hudd
9. Murray Strachan
10. Harry L'Estrange
11. Mesake Tagituimua
12. Adrian Hangaana
13. Jason Date
14. Nick Burden
Tianua Poto

Spot on Skimmer. No SteveMerrick there is an issue with the rule being to be eligible a player must play 4 comp games through the season. Clearly he hasn't. Case closed. If he wants a game of footy go play subbies or they probably have the same rules so unfortunately wait till next year where he will prob play first grade for them. Again a laughable decision from a laughable organisation.

Sorry thought the post was more a dig at Uni for recruiting him, if he is ineligible for the final than he shouldn't be allowed to play and whoever the opponent is should be making this known. In my day the union would provide the clubs with a list of eligible players at the commencement of the finals.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Sorry thought the post was more a dig at Uni for recruiting him, if he is ineligible for the final than he shouldn't be allowed to play and whoever the opponent is should be making this known. In my day the union would provide the clubs with a list of eligible players at the commencement of the finals.
Grubby, very Grubby.
I wonder how the kid this former professional rugby league player displaced is feeling??
Nothing personal against the player but serious ethical queries over Sydney Uni management must be taken on board.
Incidentally, Hangaana scored a try in fourth grade last week so he must have only played 2 colts games.
SHAME SHAME SHAME on Sydney Uni.

SteveMerrick

Allen Oxlade (6)
Grubby, very Grubby.
I wonder how the kid this former professional rugby league player displaced is feeling??
Nothing personal against the player but serious ethical queries over Sydney Uni management must be taken on board.
Incidentally, Hangaana scored a try in fourth grade last week so he must have only played 2 colts games.
SHAME SHAME SHAME on Sydney Uni.

Professional League player is a bit of a rich description - he was playing Toyota Cup for I suspect not many bikkies - I suspect if he had lobbed at almost any club in Sydney he would have been playing - and at some clubs higher grades than 3rd grade colts or 4th grade.... Isn't that what rugby is about? A player being able to turn up to a club training during the season and get a run in the lower grades? I suspect if he was at Wests or Easts or any other Shute Shield club we wouldn't be having the conversation...

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Professional League player is a bit of a rich description - he was playing Toyota Cup for I suspect not many bikkies - I suspect if he had lobbed at almost any club in Sydney he would have been playing - and at some clubs higher grades than 3rd grade colts or 4th grade.. Isn't that what rugby is about? A player being able to turn up to a club training during the season and get a run in the lower grades? I suspect if he was at Wests or Easts or any other Shute Shield club we wouldn't be having the conversation.
He WAS playing for North Sydney, which is a professional level akin to the old NRL reserve grade and not the Toyota cup.
Legally, this might be OK although that is questionable, morally it smells. Yes this is an attack on Sydney Uni as it is the one that always seems to manipulate the points cap system to capitalise on their rich resources and seemeingly have an endless array of rep players (and the odd NRL player) qualified to play. Look at its colts list and compare that to others. It has rep players in 2nds & third grade colts.
You are right, hardly anyone would care if it was another club as the practice isn't so rampant elsewhere and people wouldn't mind. Note - Randwick first colts are playing in the semis from fifth place as they were docked competition points for breach of the points cap.
Finally, this is not "during the season" this is the semis. Liked your point of view just think this situation is not in the spirit of the game

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I agree with Macca.

The finals series is to reward the players who have busted their gut all year, and not some Johnny come lately. Most competitions in any code have eligibility rules for the finals series.

Byes and washout rounds, and forfeits can be used to allow teams/clubs to rort the rules to allow rockstars to be eligible as the entire team list can be "signed on" for those matches.

The bloke who lobs up mid season to play a couple of games needs to qualify just like the rest of the players.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
The Hangaana situation is driven by the desire to win by professional career coaches and selectors.

Maybe some one from the Uni Board should remind these guys that this is club footy and they are messing around with amateur teenagers.

Status
Not open for further replies.