• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Sydney Uni were definitely a class above Randwick yesterday, with their forwards totally dominant. The Wicks lost a few key players early on and pulled back some points in the second half with the strong breeze at their back. The Wicks backs held their own in attack but went missing out wide in defence.

An ugly brawl at the end of the thirds colts game between Randwick and Eastwood cheered on by the spectators was a sad indightment of both clubs. We don't need this sort of crap in the game. The lanky Eastwood boy coming in for the king hit while the Wicks player was being held was a mongrel act you don't expect to see in the streets of Kings Cross on Saturday night let alone on the rugby field. I hope both clubs take a good hard look at the footage and add to the reds cards handed out on the day.

The ugly brawl was ugly. Randwick had the game won and the Eastwood boys wanted to make them pay. It was obvious that the Woodies players were going to put the biff on. At the end , there were a heap of cheap shots being put on. The Woodies bench ran on and got stuck in as well. The true indication is this - Woodies - 2 red cards , 1 yellow card. Wicks, nil. I didn't see any spectator involvement except for the Woodies being roundly booed.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Well done to uni a great game against Randwick and if they play like that next week they will win. Just too many quality players
and being able to bring on high quality players as fresh reserved with Uni having 2nd grade not playing makes it double hard
Randwick had a good season and for the 3rd year in a row met Uni for the GF qualifier and from a disaster year In 2009 when Randwick came basically last in 1st grade colts and had to forfeit 3rd colts it's been a good effort to do well over the past 3 years
It's dissapointing that basically everyone involved is being given the flick by the new coaching heads so will see how it works out
I have my doubts it will work
any clubs looking for coaches contact randwick rugby as they have plenty who will not be required next year even all the grade coaches are not required next year
Uni won fair and square. They used the 40 knot breeze to their full advantage and had ALL the possession in the first half. Obviously, you can not give a side like Uni 90% possession and expect to hold your own. The Wicks were run off their feet. Some players tried hard however their was jsut too much momentum against them.
The Wicks have had a great run in colts and struggled in grade - it would be a waste of talent to see the coaching lost.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Well done to uni a great game against Randwick and if they play like that next week they will win. Just too many quality players
and being able to bring on high quality players as fresh reserved with Uni having 2nd grade not playing makes it double hard
Randwick had a good season and for the 3rd year in a row met Uni for the GF qualifier and from a disaster year In 2009 when Randwick came basically last in 1st grade colts and had to forfeit 3rd colts it's been a good effort to do well over the past 3 years
It's dissapointing that basically everyone involved is being given the flick by the new coaching heads so will see how it works out
I have my doubts it will work
any clubs looking for coaches contact randwick rugby as they have plenty who will not be required next year even all the grade coaches are not required next year
As you suggest this seems very disappointing, Tahboy. I hope it doesn't destroy the Club's momentum. Changing coaches wholesale seems a very risky strategy.

T

Tahboy

Macca good summation of the uni v randwick game
Uni just too good and Norths will have to be at there absolute best but will be a good game
The fight after the 3rd colts game is right up there for the worst I have seen. I think there could be more reds coming Eastwoods way plus they got 1 the previous week against Norths
Refs all agreed there were no issues with Randwick players and only issue could be with a randwick trainer dragging away a randwick player and pushing away an Eastwood player who kept coming forward to the randwick player
The last lineout should not have been played and I think Eastwood had a cattle dog type call when the lineout setup

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is this a sense of panic from the Wicks, or just clearing the decks to roll out Stallion Rugby philosophy right across the board from Grade to Colts?

Be interesting to see if Stallion are going to integrate their philosophy and methodology down into the Juniors/State Champ teams.

Could be an interesting exercise if Juniors, Juniors Reps, Colts and Grade were all working off the same sheet of music. Uni seem to do similar.

Any other clubs integrate juniors -> Colts -> Grade coaching practices?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The ugly brawl was ugly. Randwick had the game won and the Eastwood boys wanted to make them pay. It was obvious that the Woodies players were going to put the biff on. At the end , there were a heap of cheap shots being put on. The Woodies bench ran on and got stuck in as well. The true indication is this - Woodies - 2 red cards , 1 yellow card. Wicks, nil. I didn't see any spectator involvement except for the Woodies being roundly booed.

I wonder if this outburst will draw as much attention as the no show of a couple of players at Gordon 4ths last week which lead to a forfeit.

Which act brings the game into greater disrepute, a couple of blokes on the grog AWOL due to a bucks party before a game, or an all in brawl?

Throw the *(&^ing book at them.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Easts were the unfortunate victim of the Club incurring too many reportable offences this year with the result that all of their grades were deducted four points. It's a somewhat harsh system but is designed to stamp out foul play.

I was at Forshaw yesterday and virtually within touching distance of the violence that broke out at the end of the Eastwood-Randwick game. When these sorts of incidents occur in finals football it is usually the team which has had their season ended which starts the mayhem with some players perhaps reasoning that they have little or nothing to lose by starting a brawl.

Yesterday's brawl eventually finished up right against the boundary fence and could have resulted in a tragedy if someone who had been struck had fallen and hit their head on the wooden fence or the benches in front of it.

I suggested to someone yesterday that one way to get Club officials focussed on controlling their players would be for the tallying of reportable offences to start from the beginning of the finals series and continue through until the end of the regular season in the following year, rather than starting from Round 1 each year.

K

Keithy

Bruce this type of offence seams rare in Colts final series. It would be a long time since such an ugly fight of this nature has occurred. Maybe the kids offending should be suspended for a longer period than is handed down during the season.
We should remember that Eastwood had an ugly fight with Parramatta Colts after the 1st grade match. Eastwood may have a group of players that needs to have some time off.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
As the Player points system carries over from year to year, with dicsount for loyalty with a club, there is a good argument for the discipline record to carry over from one season to the next, rather than being reset to zero for the clubs at season start.

M

Mr Magoo

As the Player points system carries over from year to year, with dicsount for loyalty with a club, there is a good argument for the discipline record to carry over from one season to the next, rather than being reset to zero for the clubs at season start.
Or maybe if you receive a red card your loyalty discount gets cancelled.

M

Mr Magoo

I wonder if this outburst will draw as much attention as the no show of a couple of players at Gordon 4ths last week which lead to a forfeit.

Which act brings the game into greater disrepute, a couple of blokes on the grog AWOL due to a bucks party before a game, or an all in brawl?

Throw the *(&^ing book at them.
This act is far worse.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Bruce this type of offence seams rare in Colts final series. It would be a long time since such an ugly fight of this nature has occurred. Maybe the kids offending should be suspended for a longer period than is handed down during the season.
We should remember that Eastwood had an ugly fight with Parramatta Colts after the 1st grade match. Eastwood may have a group of players that needs to have some time off.
And the Eastwood Colts were fuelled by alcohol illegally brought into the ground by an official. Maybe some Eastood officials need some time off too.

A

Anonymous

The ugly brawl was ugly. Randwick had the game won and the Eastwood boys wanted to make them pay. It was obvious that the Woodies players were going to put the biff on.
Theirs no doubt it was a heated game and we don't need that crap in our game, but the brawl was instigated by a Randwick player calling an Eastwood players mother a F'ing whore etc. The blame cannot lie solely on the Eastwood players

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Any more names for players in the U19 train on squad for NSW. There are previous postings on players from Manly and Randwick being named - anyone from the other sides eliminated last week - West Harbour or Gordon from the week before

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is the Under 19 rep squad limited to Sydney Colts players?

Anyone from NSW Country?

Probably unlikely that there is any suitable candidates running around in NSW Suburban Colts.

What about any kids still at school doing pathways that are too old for Opens 1st XV rugby (under 18's)?

Do ARU HPU have any say in the selections, or can they put candidates forward for consideration? I am thinking that they may still have some "works in progress" tucked away in National Gold Squad that may be potential code changes from Mungoball. I haven't seen a consolidated list of the NGS for some time, but IIRC previous lists have had the odd dual coder listed.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Theirs no doubt it was a heated game and we don't need that crap in our game, but the brawl was instigated by a Randwick player calling an Eastwood players mother a F'ing whore etc. The blame cannot lie solely on the Eastwood players
2 red cards and 1 yellow card because a Wicks player supposedly called someone names ?? What provoked the name calling? Please show some more respect for the forum readers. There were at least 8 woodies in the brawl and the bench ran on as well. I would be surprised if there was a rugby game where some sledging didn't happen. The perpetrators should find another game.

T

Tahboy

if you think that was started by a randwick player sledging an Eastwood player Than you were not there and didn't see a couple of Eastwood players constantly niggling and rubbing randwick players heads and slapping them on the back and giving a gob full if the randwick player made a mistake.
I have no doubt words were said by both teams but if you can't take it don't dish it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.