• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sydney Uni 27 Norths 15 in 1st Colts - a lot closer than maybe everyone thought

Can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly thought this one would be close. Norths played well all year, beating Uni 22-20 at St Pauls in Round 13. I'm pretty sure that no-one at Uni thought this would be a walkover.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly thought this one would be close. Norths played well all year, beating Uni 22-20 at St Pauls in Round 13. I'm pretty sure that no-one at Uni thought this would be a walkover.
It wasn't a walkover , but Uni looked comfortable throughout , & always had a measure of control .
Norths worked hard but no cigar.

R

RJones

Can any of you back anything up? Norths, are you serious? I am good mates with one of their 1st colts parents this year who couldn't believe the players didn't have any skin in the game. He speaks to Simon Kerr a couple of times a week so I wonder where any of this shit is coming from. If you heard from a friend of a friend about some apparent move in ones coaching dont post unless you actually have some knowledge of what is really going on.

Looks like Norths 1st colts did ok this year huh?!

Informer

Ward Prentice (10)
Norths Colts and their management were a credit to their club this year. well organised, fit and committed. They just came up short on Saturday but I can assure you Uni never underestimated them. Their backs were classy, especially in the centres and the forwards worked tirelessly. In all the season was closer than most people expected, with Wests and Randwick also very competitive. It will be interesting to see where these boys end up next year. A number of Uni boys will be pushing the current grade players in 2013, with 4 of them already permanent members in second grade (Latu, Miller, Dunbar and Hodge). And no, none of them played on Saturday so all the more credit to the Uni boys for a wonderful effort on the day. Time to enjoy a long, hot summer.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)

Uni always treat the opposition with respect and always prepare for a close hard game - thats one of the reasons they can achieve some lopsided results in their games - they go hard all the time. Norths certainly provided them with some strong opposition both in the season and in the GF. The only difference would be that Uni had a few more players with experience in finishing off close hard games. I thought though that Uni would win better than they given their form in the Semis and a desire to reverse the seasons result in which Norths handed them their only defeat.

Norths are to be congratulated on their season both in Colts and throughout the club with all senior grades having good years.

R

RJones

I completely agree, it was a fantastic game on Saturday with both teams fighting it out all the way to the siren, another 5mins and it would have been very tight! Norths have made a tremendous turnaround from previous years and this years results will hopefully propel more boys to the club for continued development of the program.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
I completely agree, it was a fantastic game on Saturday with both teams fighting it out all the way to the siren, another 5mins and it would have been very tight! Norths have made a tremendous turnaround from previous years and this years results will hopefully propel more boys to the club for continued development of the program.
Are you offering any financial inducements to Colt's players at Norths?

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
This seems to have been forgotten but there is a NSW U19 team to be selected in the next week (announced week end 21 Sept). i thought I would make some suggestions and let people fill in the missing blanks

1. Silatolu Latu (Uni)
3. Alan Allatoa (Wests)
4. Jesse Harris (Randwick)
5. Harry Orr (Wests)
6. Will Miller (Norths)
7. Mark Baldwin (Randwick)
8. Rhys Dombkins (Manly)
9. Jock Merriman (Uni)
10. Reece Hodge (Manly)/ Jack Debrinzci (Wests)
11. Alex Northam (Manly)
12. Michael Freeman (Norths)
14. Declan Smith (Uni)
15. Chris Smith (Norths)

From what I can see most of the UNi players were under 20 (Don't know about Sam Jefferies) and I feel that more Norths players deserve a shot somewhere. There are no Souths, Eastwood, Gordon, Warringah, parra or penrith players shown above so maybe someone from those teams needs to be considered like Broome and Carmichael from Gordon

T

Tahboy

Or $2500 cheques for rep players and $1500 for non rep players but targetted players

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Or $2500 cheques for rep players and $1500 for non rep players but targetted players
Jeez Tahboy, you and I seem to agree again! I think paying Colts in any shape, way or form is reprehensible. It sends completely the wrong message and creates the wrong values in a young impressionable mind. Clubs who have to pay Colts to play for them lack soul and club spirit and are clearly doing a shit job of developing their juniors.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Helping out with a job or career is great.
Help with rental payments is no different to giving them cash or a car,and not so great IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.