• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Grandstand

Can confirm Parramatta unable - numbers early may have been overstated but lets hope not.
Penrith again struggling but unfortunately that is not new.

I understand Gordon look like fielding only two teams as well. A bad start to the season.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Saw the Manly - Eastwood trial last weekend and I was not that impressed with Eastwood. They had lots of players there and were able to run on fresh reserves during all games - a great advantage given the heat of the day. Even with this Manly were able to beat them 6 tries to 5 in the firsts trial and Eastwoods score was helped late in the game with a couple of tries.

Admittedly, I wasn't at the game, but this early in the season running on reserves is usually detrimental to continuity and the fragile combinations the team is trying to build. I would imagine this is magnified at colts level where there is a constant churn of players due to the age restrictions.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Uni defeated Eastwood 8 tries to 2 in a scrappy game.
Uni more structured , but neither side stood out.
Lower grades all close.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Easts beat Randwick 4 to 2. They were strong. Lop sided penalty count against the wicks plus 2 disallowed tries - they will have to lift to be a force. The Beasts may go far this year.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
You apparently see some incongruity in my remarks, however if you saw the game , as I presume you did ,
then you , even as a dyed in the wool Uni supporter , would surely understand the basis of my comments.
The game was pretty much even until Scott Goodman came on the field & scored 2 tries in quick succession , about 15 minutes from the end .
Uni scored 2 other tries shortly before full time.
8 tries to 2 suggests marked dominance by Uni , & perhaps a quality performance , however that was not my impression for the majority of the game.
That's how I saw it , obviously your entitled to your opinion.

R

rugbyfan

Norths playing a night game during the week? Any idea who against/where?

O

Ole Two Blue

Can confirm Parramatta unable - numbers early may have been overstated but lets hope not.
Penrith again struggling but unfortunately that is not new.

Parra have never over stated the numbers. Pre-season attendance was excellent, however they've dropped off significantly for varying reasons and this is now the club's biggest worry

W

wallaby

The game was pretty much even until Scott Goodman came on the field & scored 2 tries in quick succession , about 15 minutes from the end .

Scott Goodman actually came on at the half time mark for Uni against the Woods and scored 4 tries, finishing off much of the hard work of other players coupled with a bit of individual spark. Uni forwards in my opinion both outplayed the Woods in 1's and 2's

Informer

Ward Prentice (10)
Neither Uni nor the Woods could take much out of the two colts games, which were willing affairs played in hot and difficult conditions. Uni were missing a number of their key players and the Woods certainly turned up to play. While the Woods contested well their lack of fitness saw Uni pull away in the last term of the firsts. I thought the forward contest was fairly even until the Woods ran out of puff in the last 20 minutes.

H

HGH

Oh they pay money....dont worry about that. I know of players at Easts who received 5K in recent years to play Colts.....and dont ask. I will not name the players.
Easts colts has had one $5k scholarship (for the last 5 years) which has now ceased. It is incorrect to say that PLAYERS at Easts receive $5k. There was 1 a year.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
A bad way to operate. Firstly your facts are wrong! Secondly "a bad way to operate" Easts have come in the top 3 of the colts club championship for the last 4 years you goose.

This seems to be a typical Eastern Suburbs response when the blowtorch is turned on them. There is a player who joined my club in 2011 after playing at Easts in 2010. He received the $5K "Colts" scholarship you speak of. He did not play one game all year in colts yet they attempted to have him used in semi finals. You are correct, it's only the 1 player who receives the $5K but the fact is, that Easts have been paying Colts players for years............

Perhaps this is one of the many reasons why their 2011 annual report showed a $297K financial loss for the year.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Easts colts has had one $5k scholarship (for the last 5 years) which has now ceased. It is incorrect to say that PLAYERS at Easts receive $5k. There was 1 a year.

Welcome aboard, HGH. Always a pleasure to welcome a new member. Feel free to express your opinions and don't hold back because you've just started posting. You'll soon make friends here.

Are you an Easts supporter?

T

Tahboy

Welcome High, I am sure everyone will get a lot of joy from your comments.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
gentlemen

I do welcome HGH and encourage his comments on this forum. The more debate we have the better. However, HGH, your comments should be constructive and not the verbal attacking that you have demonstrated in your posts.

As for him being an avid Easts supporter I again see no problem with this but he should take a leaf out of "Bruce Ross" book and promote his club sensibly. Also, as Bruce does always feel free to comment or debate whenever any comments that are put on here about his club

Status
Not open for further replies.