• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Stars . NRC Official Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

I think Cambletown is more 'western sydney' then it is 'country'. If it were to fall within any teams catchment area it would be the Greater Sydney Rams.

Obviously Randwick or the Eastern Suburbs aren't country ether, but I attended a Eagles match at Woollahra and it was a fantastic event with all the country pop-up stalls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I think Cambletown is more 'western sydney' then it is 'country'. If it were to fall within any teams catchment area it would be the Greater Sydney Rams.

Obviously Randwick or the Eastern Suburbs aren't country ether, but I attended a Eagles match at Woollahra and it was a fantastic event with all the country pop-up stalls.

See post #280;)

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
So you prefer them at Coogee?

You're making a common mistake of grouping the Cambelltown region with "the West of Sydney". It's a distinct geographical area known as the Macarthur Region and includes (rural) places such Camden and Picton. They consider themselves to be a stand-alone community.

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/careful-what-you-call-southwestern-sydney-20130521-2jzuv.html

City of Campbelltown - a Regional City Centre and the capital of the Macarthur region.

Located just 50 minutes from the Sydney CBD and within easy reach of major road and rail links to the Southern Highlands, Canberra, the Blue Mountains and the South Coast beaches, Campbelltown offers a unique combination of city opportunities in a natural setting to its 150,000 residents.
http://www.campbelltown.nsw.gov.au/

Being both born and raised in the region I can confirm that yes, it is its own distinct region.

Having the Eagles based in the region would work.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

I understand your point but it does fall under the Country banner as part of the Illawarra RU. Also, its about as country as both Wollongong and Newcastle. It's actually considered part of Greater Sydney which technically so is Wollongong.

Status
Not open for further replies.